Developer Preview Program - Please read first post before asking questions

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the App Studio website is getting hammered and I can't register my account as a developer. I get an internal error or 503 error. This makes me very sad :(

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
if I updated via developer program but after official update of wp8.1 then it is possible that I don't want any more updates via developer program.
Its possible??
If you are asking whether you can install 8.1 with the preview, and then opt out of the preview program, the answer is yes. Run the Preview for Developers app and uncheck the checkbox. Keep in mind that if there are further updates before 8.1 goes mainstream (bug fixes, for instance), you will not get them until they go mainstream. In other words, once you opt out, you will stay at that version until mainstream catches up.

EvilSherlock

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have question regarding developer preview program (dpp) update as how many memory required for on phone ( Lumia 720, India) for wp8.1 dpp update &
Is all apps of wp8.1 are working fine in wp8.1 dpp.
How much time it will take to download as I have 1mbps speed.

There are 2 updates... the first one is about 5-6 MB and the 2nd one is around 400 MB.....so i guess it would take about 15 minutes to install the 1st one & an hour for you to download the 2nd

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hopmedic you are awesome and I appreciate all your info and helpfulness. On the other hand, I'm installing 8.1 as I type. FLIPPING AWESOME AND AT&T CAN SUCK IT! I'm not waiting two months for them to fiddlefart around with it before they decide to release it. Can't wait to try it out.

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with a Lumia 1020 NOT finding the update? I have the developer and am signed in, yet it just times out when I'm searching for updates. I'm unlocked, and using it on T-Mobile. However, I do have wifi on when I check....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with a Lumia 1020 NOT finding the update? I have the developer and am signed in, yet it just times out when I'm searching for updates. I'm unlocked, and using it on T-Mobile. However, I do have wifi on when I check....
I haven't had this problem, but offer this suggestion to see if it works: Go into the Preview for Developers app, uncheck it (so you'll no longer get preview updates), exit the app, restart the phone, and go back in and re-check it, sign in, exit the app, and then see if you find the update. It's a thought....

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had this problem, but offer this suggestion to see if it works: Go into the Preview for Developers app, uncheck it (so you'll no longer get preview updates), exit the app, restart the phone, and go back in and re-check it, sign in, exit the app, and then see if you find the update. It's a thought....

Ok, I did your procedure, but still nothing. I'm half tempted to reset the phone and try it again...but that's a lot of work that I don't really feel like doing. Has there been a lot of bugs with the 1020 on the 8.1 update? I'm a little worried of doing a lot of work to get the update, and then it not being worth it, or worse, having problems with it.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
can i downgrade and get warranty? im gonna flash using nokia care suite coz other options havent worked for me
is there a way , they can come to know i updated to 8.1?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did your procedure, but still nothing. I'm half tempted to reset the phone and try it again...but that's a lot of work that I don't really feel like doing. Has there been a lot of bugs with the 1020 on the 8.1 update? I'm a little worried of doing a lot of work to get the update, and then it not being worth it, or worse, having problems with it.
Only you can decide if it is worth it to you. Bugs? Look at the threads. Some have bugs, some do not. I had bugs until I did a factory reset, and I haven't had any problems since. You'll have to decide for yourself whether it is worth it or not.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
when will be the official release of wp8.1 to all customers
When the carriers release it to their respective customers, which will be after the OEMs release it (along with any firmware/software updates that they add to the package) to the carriers. We have no firm dates at this time.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have to update my phone to gdr3 to get 8.1. testra, my carrier has already sent out the updates but I haven't got it yet , any suggestions ?

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Is any problem with the windows phone 8.1 server? because I am trying of update to 8.1 but till now still the progress bar of download in zero percent ,

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi