Developer Preview Program - Please read first post before asking questions

doadrian

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Cool buddy, let it be there, now you have deregistered your account so it doesn't popup to say to download the update, even it pops up you can't download it now.... Chill bro....

I am cold as ice :))
I think you did not understand...but I have the package downloaded on the phone. If I go to settings, phone update there is the "an update is ready to install" message and it will bring the phone to 8.0.10532.166 version.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am cold as ice :))
I think you did not understand...but I have the package downloaded on the phone. If I go to settings, phone update there is the "an update is ready to install" message and it will bring the phone to 8.0.10532.166 version.

Ohk, I am sorry bro, I didn't understand your problem, I thought there was only the update notification which gives you problem, but now as you said that the package is already downloaded on your phone I didn't think there is some way to get rid of this as far as I know, but who knows if somebody has some suggestion for you, lets see if somebody helps you, but in my opinion only hard reset helps you.

Yacine Mohamdi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm having troubles with the preview app :(
I just can't enable preview for developpers!n the app says: "To download the preview you must be regestered as a windows phone developper "
i'm using wp8.1 and i'm sure my phone is unlocked (chcked it 2 times)!
any suggestions?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having troubles with the preview app :(
I just can't enable preview for developpers!n the app says: "To download the preview you must be regestered as a windows phone developper "
i'm using wp8.1 and i'm sure my phone is unlocked (chcked it 2 times)!
any suggestions?
Unlocked or not, you still have to login through the app.

Yacine Mohamdi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
whenever i try to enable the preview it shows this message :(
it worked before (i'm using the wp 8.10.12359), even hard reset coulndt save me from this problem :/
Capture.JPG
wp_ss_20140515_0002.png
ps: i'm sure that my phone is unlocked since i can deploy xaps.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
But like I said, even unlocked, you have to have the preview for developers app installed AND signed in. Have you done that? This is a separate process that has nothing to do with the phone being unlocked. I've installed the update on four phones that were NOT unlocked.

Sarthak Kelapure

May 16, 2014
Visit site
WP8.1 update

I have been trying to update my Lumia 625 windows 8.1 but after first two steps of updates i couldn't update further. Now my version of software is 8.0.105 and when checked for updates i m getting an error (80072ee7). Plz help

PS- i m using wifi and my battery saver is off and even my data connection is off

reply plz

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
when I login it shows this message
Looks to me like you didn't log into an account that is registered as a developer. Because I care so much :wink: I uninstalled the Preview for Developers app and reinstalled it to show you what it should look like.

First screen. Tap next.
wp_ss_20140516_0005.png

Second screen. Tap accept.
wp_ss_20140516_0006.png

Next you will get the login screen, which I didn't post a screenshot of for obvious privacy reasons. After you login, you should see this screen (which does not match the screen you posted above):
wp_ss_20140516_0007.png
After you check the checkbox, tap done.

Finally, you get the success message:
wp_ss_20140516_0008.png

It seems obvious to me that whatever account you logged into the Preview for Developers app with is not an account that has been set up as a developer. You said your phone is unlocked. But that doesn't matter. This is a separate process. If your phone was unlocked by someone else's developer account (like my wife's is), you need that person to log into the Preview for Developers app in order to get the previews. Or you could just follow the directions in the very first post of this thread, create your own developer account, and you'll be all set.

Yacine Mohamdi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
thanks, i really appreciate your reply, but I believe that it's a bug in the preview app, it's just impossible to enable the preview after a hard reset. the only thing that saved me was "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" (downgraded to 8.0) and now the preview has been enabled successfully and i got the latest update (8.10.12382) directly :)
by the way, i found some people who have the same situationforum=winphoneosissuesCan't enable preview for developers after hard reset !

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks, i really appreciate your reply, but I believe that it's a bug in the preview app, it's just impossible to enable the preview after a hard reset. the only thing that saved me was "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" (downgraded to 8.0) and now the preview has been enabled successfully and i got the latest update (8.10.12382) directly :)
by the way, i found some people who have the same situationforum=winphoneosissuesCan't enable preview for developers after hard reset !

Wow, that's kinda bogus. Glad you were able to get it back, but I'm sorry it took a downgrade to do it.

madio15

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Answered all my questions especially that regarding leaving the the preview program for the official release version. Turns out as you say, there is no need to!

donalddln

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I've searched and scanned the forums, can't seem to find anyone else running into this particular issue --

I have an HTC 8XT. I followed the instructions to register with App Studio, downloaded the Preview for Developers app, clicked Enable Preview for Developers, it said "Success!" and said to go into settings and check for updates.

I ran an update that took awhile I was assuming it was 8.1.. but it was 8.0.10521.155.

I checked for updates again, it says I'm up to date already.

Tried hard resetting the phone and retrying the process, it keeps saying I'm already up-to-date.

How do I get the Developer Preview?

Thanks

Just haven't found the right person although I actually have the same exact problem you are having. I don't know why no one else has said anything about this, but honestly, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Mr-Changiz

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I've searched and scanned the forums, can't seem to find anyone else running into this particular issue --

I have an HTC 8XT. I followed the instructions to register with App Studio, downloaded the Preview for Developers app, clicked Enable Preview for Developers, it said "Success!" and said to go into settings and check for updates.

I ran an update that took awhile I was assuming it was 8.1.. but it was 8.0.10521.155.

Tried hard resetting the phone and retrying the process, it keeps saying I'm already up-to-date.

Thanks

I had the same problem with Lumia 620 and another Lumia 520. one of them didn't find the update and keep saying "phone is up to date" and the other one found the first update (about 10MB based on the downloading time) but didn't find the main update!

you can try these:
- enable "Wi-fi still on if screen locked"
- plug the charger
- remove the app and install it again

I really have no idea about these, but the Lumia 520 started to get the update after checking "Wi-fi still on if screen locked" and plugging to the charger, but for 620 I had to change the ROM !
I thought you may want to try these too

BlazV

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
my phone (htc 8x with latest wp8.1) wont show who is calling me... i have all the numbers with +(country code)(number) saved in my contact list. when i get the call ony number is shown (without the prefix). the problem started with DP and is getting worse and worse...i restarted the phone without any luck... any fixes for this?

tnx!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

I'm running into the same problem with my wife's HTC 8XT. It got up to GDR3 fine, but continues to say its up to date. My 8XT didn't have any issues like this, it went to 8.1 no problem. I'm reloading the Preview app and soft resetting...

richiesong

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with AT&T Lumia 920. It previously let me upgrade to GDR3, and I can't find update for WP8.1. In the phone update page, the update info always says "Last checked about 4 months ago", although I click the check for updates several times.

Does anyone find a solution?

Baiar Ali

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Unchecking Enable Preview for developers..does really unroll me from it?i dont want to receive preview updates anymore...and i wanna wait for the official one..and update then!
Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254