What you LOST in WP8.1

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
This would make for easier FB an Twitter updates. You won't need an entire OS update just to get your Twitter and FB up to date

The Facebook and Twitter apps can already be updated as much as they want without OS updates because they are already stand alone. However the integration of those services with the OS is one of the things that made the OS personal and different. I don't like losing this. The Me tile was a nice place to post to Facebook and Twitter at the same time, to get updated from people in Facebook that were marked as close friends, and some other things. I am not clear if all of this is being lost or just the multiple destination posting but it still seems a step in the wrong direction to me.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
How im supposed to know? Didn't have WP8.1 in my hands yet and some emulator won't provide me experience that i get from an actual phone

paras chugh

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
No, when you set up kids corner, it ask you to set a password just to protect the kid from entering your adult corner. The phone no longer asks for password to access kid corner.
THANK GOD.....now i can give my phone to my frnds and be relaxed about it.....thanks for confirming.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I love that the new views are there, but definitely sad about the loss of Agenda.

No Agenda?! WTF

THIS WILL KEEP ME ON WP8 ALONE!!

I mean...seriously? Dafuq? I basically...ONLY use Agenda mode...I sometimes switch over to month mode when going to set an appointment, find whatever is 2 weeks, 3 weeks, whatever out in the future, and then go in...but...no Agenda mode?

Really?

And the Photos Hub?

And Icons at the top?

WHYYYYYYYY U HATE ME MS

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, as said before this is an emulator and not WP8.1

And as twentythreee already told us:
"this is not the final version Microsoft has rolled out to devs".

So don't trust it too much there will be more.

:smile:

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I was really used to posting to Facebook and Twitter at the same time from the "Me" tile. I don't understand that change at all.

It's a great advantage for people who are friends with you on Facebook and follow you on twitter, because they won't see the same message twice. I am *really* grateful to Microsoft for this change and I'm not even a current WP user.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a great advantage for people who are friends with you on Facebook and follow you on twitter, because they won't see the same message twice. I am *really* grateful to Microsoft for this change and I'm not even a current WP user.

I am sorry but this is ridiculous. If I have a friend that happens to be on both of those and that gets annoyed by that they are welcome to unfriend me in Facebook, stop following me in Twitter, or both!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why they even bothered to change it. Did they do some weird study that told them the Photo hub was hard to navigate and needed to be "fixed"? There are many more pleasing alternatives they could've gone with instead of a pivot screen against a black background. This isn't settings, this is the photo hub.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry but this is ridiculous. If I have a friend that happens to be on both of those and that gets annoyed by that they are welcome to unfriend me in Facebook, stop following me in Twitter, or both!

Trust me, it is annoying. Much less common these days though, as most people seem to have given up on combined social networking apps. They were big for a short time in 2010 when WP was launched.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You're making the mistake of thinking that English is a phonetic language. It isn't. Any argument for one spelling versus another based on pronounciation is pointless. Anyway, what does it matter which spelling is used if you clearly understand what is meant?

The spelling variants were started back back in the days of my forefathers that fled to this new found land to escaped a crazed king who taxed everything from tea to paper, a tyrant that massacre the people of Boston. Noah Webster the man primarily responsible for American-English was a reformer and believe in a revolution which were his main motives for recreating the English language that the colonist would use.

By using "Action Centre" spelling variant here in the United States would be to deny Webster's work.

We won the revolution, we get to speak the way we want. Don't impose your monarchy on to us.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
The spelling variants were started back back in the days of my forefathers that fled to this new found land to escaped a crazed king who taxed everything from tea to paper, a tyrant that massacre the people of Boston. Noah Webster the man primarily responsible for American-English was a reformer and believe in a revolution which were his main motives for recreating the English language that the colonist would use.

By using "Action Centre" spelling variant here in the United States would be to deny Webster's work.

We won the revolution, we get to speak the way we want. Don't impose your monarchy on to us.

Wow, this is what Internet forums are all about! Unhinged rants referring to long-past historical events extrapolated from the order of two letters in screenshot of some beta software! I assume you think I am British. Why do you think that?
My point was that English is not a very phonetic language, so justifying one spelling over another based on pronouncation is not a very strong argument. After all, neither 'color' or 'colour' are very close representations of how the word is typically said - think about the vowels. What does that have to do with any monarchy? Who was forcing you to speak (or actually spell) in a specific way? (If anyone, it was that well known British company, Microsoft) And, frankly, why does it matter so much?
BTW, I would not recommend implying that you're a 'colonist'. That's not a positive thing in a large proportion of the world. And it was hardly a 'new found land'. There were plenty of people there already.

Last edited:

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this is what Internet forums are all about! Unhinged rants referring to long-past historical events extrapolated from the order of two letters in screenshot of some beta software! I assume you think I am British. Why do you think that?
My point was that English is not a very phonetic language, so justifying one spelling over another based on pronouncation is not a very strong argument. After all, neither 'color' or 'colour' are very close representations of how the word is typically said - think about the vowels. What does that have to do with any monarchy? Who was forcing you to speak (or actually spell) in a specific way? (If anyone, it was that well known British company, Microsoft) And, frankly, why does it matter so much?
BTW, I would not recommend implying that you're a 'colonist'. That's not a positive thing in a large proportion of the world. And it was hardly a 'new found land'. There were plenty of people there already.

I don't want to derail the topic of this thread so inbox me if you still have questions

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Trust me, it is annoying. Much less common these days though, as most people seem to have given up on combined social networking apps. They were big for a short time in 2010 when WP was launched.

Like I said, that's why it is really easy to stop following, unfriend, or both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon