Dell Technologies Cyber Savings Event - Up to 45% off

08-08-2014 05:24 PM
254 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I want FB messages back in the messaging hub!
    And I want games GONE from my app list!
    Sigh, so many **** changes away from what Windows Phone was supposed to be - i.e. it's no longer task-centric and is now all about apps. FFS.
    04-14-2014 08:09 PM
    That function is not gone, but the access to it has changed. Now, you get to it via the camera. It is now a "lens" called Bing Vision. So, open your camera (Nokia or Microsoft). In Nokia Camera, click the ellipsis and select "lenses." then Bing Vision. If you are using the Microsoft Camera app, there is a "lens" icon in the viewfinder or, if not, you can hit the ellipsis to have it show up there. Once there, select it then, Bing Vision. Unfortunately, Bing Vision does not show up in the app list so you cannot pin it and must access it through the lens function of the Camera app. Sorry, I have neither an HTC nor a Samsung to tell you how - if - it is implemented through their own camera software.
    04-14-2014 08:44 PM
    Please vote to bring the facebook integration back to the messaging hub. removing these features is a huge step backwards.
    Don't Remove Facebook Integration – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    04-14-2014 09:04 PM
    Please vote to bring the facebook integration back to the messaging hub. removing these features is a huge step backwards.
    Don't Remove Facebook Integration – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    I liked the integration when it worked but the writing was on the wall with the standalone Facebook and FB messenger apps. It's not coming back. What I would rather they do is just open the messaging hub to any app to use. Being integrated ties it too much to OS updates coming from carriers, using apps lets them be a lot more flexible.
    04-14-2014 09:15 PM
    I liked the integration when it worked but the writing was on the wall with the standalone Facebook and FB messenger apps. It's not coming back. What I would rather they do is just open the messaging hub to any app to use. Being integrated ties it too much to OS updates coming from carriers, using apps lets them be a lot more flexible.
    Wasn't this posted here as a news article some time ago that this would happen because of the changes to FB and the updates to the FB app?
    04-14-2014 09:18 PM
    The new charging sound sucks. Not sure if a mistake or dumb decision.
    colinkiama likes this.
    04-14-2014 09:24 PM
    My screenshot capabilities are gone... I do the button combo and it says Screenshot can not be taken..
    04-14-2014 09:24 PM
    My screenshot capabilities are gone... I do the button combo and it says Screenshot can not be taken..
    Its the "power button" and "volume up" now.
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-14-2014 09:26 PM
    Its the "power button" and "volume up" now.
    Yeah I do that button combo and it says Screenshot can not be taken
    04-14-2014 09:29 PM
    Yeah I do that button combo and it says Screenshot can not be taken
    What do you get if you use the old combination of Windows (Start/Home) key and Power?
    04-14-2014 09:33 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but you can no longer pinch out on a picture in the gallery and quickly scroll through your pictures like a carousel.
    04-14-2014 09:36 PM
    Guys.. Yesterday I gotta update ma 920 to WP8.1 very happy :D but I get to face some silly problems with Cortana.. Its is not replying me directly.. It is opening up bing search pages.. !! Donno now why..??
    04-14-2014 09:39 PM
    Is the Xbox Music artists live tile dead? Every time I play an album with artists background it does not work.
    04-14-2014 09:39 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but you can no longer pinch out on a picture in the gallery and quickly scroll through your pictures like a carousel.
    Well, add that to the list of my favorite features that got unnecessarily f***ed...

The moveable cursor for editing text, the Recent and New tabs of Xbox Music Hub, Notifications tab from Me tile, ability to swipe through tracks in Now Playing (much easier than pressing a tiny button when driving)...

On the plus side, I managed to convince Cortana to call me Motherf***er Jones... :D
    Last edited by freestaterocker; 04-15-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    04-14-2014 09:40 PM
    Just realised that it is no longer possible to swipe left/right in the music player to go the next/previous song. Why?
    04-14-2014 10:36 PM
    The nice visually stimulating rubber band bounce effect when you quickly reach the top or bottom of the start screen has been significantly reduced especially in 2 column mode. You can still make the tiles/app list warp with your finger but the bounce when you reach the end is now like a jerky thud. Lame.
    04-14-2014 10:56 PM
    is it just me or is Messenger removed from messaging?
    04-14-2014 11:15 PM
    Just realised that it is no longer possible to swipe left/right in the music player to go the next/previous song. Why?
    Aw shucks. I also liked the "original hub" where all other music and video apps were grouped together for easy access.
    04-14-2014 11:43 PM
    I lost a competent music app.

I also lost my faith in Windows Phone.
    Oranges123 and Clinton_O like this.
    04-14-2014 11:50 PM
    Notification sucks now.!
    04-14-2014 11:53 PM
    I lost a competent music app.

I also lost my faith in Windows Phone.
    II preferred the old music app. New one has no live tile, no way to check the store for new releases in a genre, and artist pic on lock screen doesn't work:(
    04-14-2014 11:57 PM
    Where did this happen.. please don't say 6snap cause that's the problem with the code as its coded for the old config..Our trusty rudy should update that soon though.. I've used this combo on my Lumia 1020 and it works perfectly (power and Volume up).
    04-15-2014 12:26 AM
    Another nice touch that was removed in 8.1 is when you began installing an app from the Store it immediately took you to the app list so you would know where it will be once fully installed. Now nothing happens and you have to exit the Store and hunt for the app in the app list afterwards. :sigh::
    04-15-2014 01:50 AM
    The new charging sound sucks. Not sure if a mistake or dumb decision.
    I actuallly like the new sound. Its not too loud and a bit shorter than the original. That's how a charging sound should be because when you plug your phone to charge, you are very near to it. Even just a beep would be enough.
    04-15-2014 01:55 AM
    Notification sucks now.!
    What do you mean? Its much better. Once the apps are updated to support 8.1, the notifications will be even better.
    04-15-2014 01:58 AM
254 ... 56789 ...