Project My Screen feature

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Love it! Ctrl+Alt+P, Right Arrow, then E is awesome for watching videos.
I just wish I could get Netflix to stream. I have unlimited data on my phone, but don't always have Wi-Fi for my laptop. It would be amazing to put it on my large screen!
You could just share WIFI from your Windows Phone.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just connected my phone to my TV and it said USB device not supported, I've got an LG 42LN540V, my monitor doesn't have a USB input so I'll try on a monitor in work tomorrow :)

Of ourse it won't work with just a TV or monitor. It requires a PC running the progam as stated in numerous posts.

xelaio

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Correct! Same for Lumia 920, I need wifi miracast(/screen mirroring/wifi direct). How Samsung S4 have this software and L920 with same hardware can't use?!? MS must take care for investors. MS respect as, pls.

FFugue

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Is the mouse control only supported by certain models?
I don't think so. But I've had some problem displaying the mouse at first (it still worked but was invisible). If the mouse doesn't appear hit the F key a couple of times. It will toggle between fullscreen and windowed modes and at some point the mouse should appear in fullscreen mode. It's inconsistent for now. They'll probably fix it in the future.

dj0502

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I am able to project now. Not only projecting, I can also control my phone from my PC using my mouse. Not able to type into phone using PC key board though.

I can project my screen, but I can not interact with it using my mouse. Is that because I am using Windows 7?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
When connected the display on the screen lags a bit while scrolling and in general.........is this normal? Using Lumia 620 and Windows 8.1 update 1 PC.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The feature works as advertised for my Icon and Asus transformer, but when I exit the app my Widows Desktop is hosed :(. Only a pc reboot fixes it. I'm sure it's a pc issue, not phone.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I finally got it working... partially. I can stream video just fine. Perfectly actually. Just there's no audio coming through at all. But that's a separate issue that I've made a separate thread for.

AnkitV

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Lots of things. One I can see is playing mobile games on a larger screen. Another is for game reviewers to video their game, or people to Twitch stream their gameplay.

Ultimately, now the feature is there I'm sure many people will find interesting ways of using it.
Would love to know what else all people are doing with it!! I don't have front cam on my 520 and it is handy to say the least!! :D

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Would just like to say that after downloading the .msi from Microsoft and installing it, I connected my phone (HTC 8X) and it worked first time, flawlessly. Very impressed overall. Adds a totally new dimension to screen scraping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro