Samsung Ativ S - Windows Phone 8.1 Update - Developer Preview

DeeKayLIVE

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
hi together, i have another strange error. after the update it seems so that everythings works fine. but i cannot take a picture without flashlite. even when i disable the flashlite i?m able to take a Picture without flashlite - but one second later it flashes.

is there any other with this Problem?

my Firmware ist 2424.13.5.1

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
More good news. . . my camera has started behaving too, so I have no issues with the update now ��

Be aware that the Black Screen bug is still there but it just takes longer to fail. Or rather fails in a different way as it's now working for me, just don't change any settings until new firmware is installed.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
open up Storage Sense
select Phone
select Apps & Games
choose the app than you want to move
there will be a button saying Move to SD

there is also a Select option that allows you to chose multiple apps

it can take a bit of time though

I knew this was there but I haven't tried it yet. I really do think that the majority of issues the ATIV S has with WP8.1 will be rectified with new firmware.

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
My ATIV S works flawlessly on WP8.1. No issues. I have access to the store, music services and video services. I don't live in the US either. I have an unlocked device. I've received every update without issue on my device.

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S using Tapatalk

It would be helpfully if you can say which version of firmware you have and what is your CSC.

Thank you.

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I've updated my Ativ S too.

First of all, do we really get the Samsung Firmware Updates even if we've updated to Windows Phone 8.1 Preview?
Ever since i've updated to GDR 3 Preview i never recieved any Firmware Updates. So i really doubt there will be a Firmware upgrade.

Firmwareversion: 2424.13.11.2
Hardwareversion: 15.15.1.0
Funksoftwareversion: 2424.13.9.1
Bootloader: 13.08.14.16

PDA: I8750XXCMK2
Phone: I8750XXCMI1
CSC: I8750OXXALK4
Default CSC: AUT

Ever since i upgraded i experience a very noticeable laggyness in genera,l but mostly while playing ruzzle. The game gets slower and slower over time, after playing for a while it gets so slow that the sound is disoritated and you can't play it anymore. After a restart everything is fine again. Is there any way to fix this?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
I've updated my Ativ S too.

First of all, do we really get the Samsung Firmware Updates even if we've updated to Windows Phone 8.1 Preview?
Ever since i've updated to GDR 3 Preview i never recieved any Firmware Updates. So i really doubt there will be a Firmware upgrade.

Firmwareversion: 2424.13.11.2
Hardwareversion: 15.15.1.0
Funksoftwareversion: 2424.13.9.1
Bootloader: 13.08.14.16

PDA: I8750XXCMK2
Phone: I8750XXCMI1
CSC: I8750OXXALK4
Default CSC: AUT

Ever since i upgraded i experience a very noticeable laggyness in genera,l but mostly while playing ruzzle. The game gets slower and slower over time, after playing for a while it gets so slow that the sound is disoritated and you can't play it anymore. After a restart everything is fine again. Is there any way to fix this?

So just because your firmware is a slightly different version from everyone else we won't get a firmware update, test your camera and tell me your phone works properly.

Firmware is updated separately from the OS so, yes, we will get a firmware update to fix issues with the camera as well as a few other lingering issues.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
So just because your firmware is a slightly different version from everyone else we won't get a firmware update, test your camera and tell me your phone works properly.

Firmware is updated separately from the OS so, yes, we will get a firmware update to fix issues with the camera as well as a few other lingering issues.

It's Samsung, remember! Their support is not stellar. We should get a firmware , but I don't know if we will get it.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It's Samsung, remember! Their support is not stellar. We should get a firmware , but I don't know if we will get it.

I've received all their updates so far and their support of their WP devices HAS been stellar, we will get a firmware update as they aren't about to leave their devices with an unusable camera.

Last edited:

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Tenho a Vers?o GDR3 do 8.0, porem o firmware aparenta ser da vers?o GDR1, provavelmente o firmware ? oque est? causando o problema de reinicio a cada 30 segundos!
Vamos nos organizar para achar uma solu??o! n?o esperem pelos outros!

I'm GDR3 version 8.0, however the firmware seems to be the GDR1 version, probably the firmware s what is causing the problem reboot every 30 seconds!
Let's get organized to find a solution! do not wait for others!

View attachment 63296

No I have the firmware 2424.13.1.3 and have the same problem .

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I've received all their updates so far and their support of their WP devices HAS been stellar, we will get a firmware update as they aren't about to leave their devices with an unusable camera.

That hasn't been my case. Never got GDR 3 from them, only by developer preview, last week! Anyway, it wasn't an important update.

( I have a German country variant, unlocked)

Also, I had a bad experience with them in the WM days. As they release so many different stuff, they tend to focus on supporting the newest ones.

I hope that their culture has changed , but I just don't trust them. Hope that they prove me wrong.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That hasn't been my case. Never got GDR 3 from them, only by developer preview, last week! Anyway, it wasn't an important update.

Also, I had a bad experience with them in the WM days. As they release so many different stuff, they tend to focus on supporting the newest ones.

I hope that their culture has changed , but I just don't trust them. Hope that they prove me wrong.

I'm on the same boat. I got GDR3 with Dev Preview as well. Hong Kong Variant. But I do think they will support it. I had an omnia 7 before my Ativ S. I was probably one of the last ones to receive the 7.8 update. I got it last year like around Feb, but I got it. Better late than Never I s'pose.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I would guess you have a carrier branded handset which would explain why you didn't get GDR3.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I would guess you have a carrier branded handset which would explain why you didn't get GDR3.

I bought it as an unlocked device on amazon Germany. It has no branding whatsoever. I really don't think it has any kind of limitations.

On the ativ s forum, people think that the delays are IMEI based.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought it as an unlocked device on amazon Germany. It has no branding whatsoever. I really don't think it has any kind of limitations.

On the ativ s forum, people think that the delays are IMEI based.

Which is correct but Carriers can delay updates as well!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon