Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

This is the second day that my L1020 have a reboot when using the 8.1 Xbox music app.
I listen to music everyday in the way to school on the bus and is a 30 minutes run more or less and yesterday and today i got a reboot in this time.
I was not using any other app, the phone was locked in the two cases and don't have this reboots in another time in fact, this are my two firsts reboots with my new phone.
I start to use it exactly a week ago when it arrives remplacing my L720. In Wikipedia says that the L1020 reports random reboots and my question is this reboots are normal or the new xbox music app cause them?. anyone experience something similar? Thanks.

Xbox music app will soon get some updates from Microsoft. Hopefully this will fix the issues you are having :smile:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

Glance may require a firmware update that is included in the Nokia updates which your phone is not getting- may be why it is not working.

It's not Glance per se. Glance is on the phone. It's the background that isn't working. But bsipe9 may be right that I would have to reboot to see the background. I'll give it a try later because I don't want my battery to go down (it's been at 99% for a couple of hours now).

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm recently experiencing a bug on my HTC 8x..
When I lock the screen and come back again to unlock it, I find a random app opened under the lock and it freezes in the foreground .. Hope that I'm not alone at this, I really hate it when I'm the only one experiencing the bug.

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Abnormal Battery Saver usage bar glitch.

View attachment 64160 View attachment 64161

After scrolling down and back up..

View attachment 64162 View attachment 64163

Battery usage is normal however.
I have tried phone reboot, soft reset and hard reset* I cant seem to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

*After installing the dev preview i saw this glitch, went ahead with a full hard reset for a fresh start. But glitch is back again.
I think someone in this thread mentioned about leaving the phone on the charger for 24 hours, since the app shows usage for the last 24 hours only, all app usages should return to zero....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am going to try and update one more 810 tonight and will let you know if that goes forward or not. If not, the theory of MSFT freezing the update might just be true:-(

Ummm, perhaps MSFT froze it for devices with issues - HTC 8X. I just updated an 810 to WP8.1 no issues at all.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's not Glance per se. Glance is on the phone. It's the background that isn't working. But bsipe9 may be right that I would have to reboot to see the background. I'll give it a try later because I don't want my battery to go down (it's been at 99% for a couple of hours now).

Can you post a screenshot of your issues with Glance? It seems to be working fine on my phone.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
My right side of earphone do not work sometimes. Needs restart to work again. Anyone have this problem too?

Lumia 925 here. This bug happens sometimes before, but now is more often.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Can you post a screenshot of your issues with Glance? It seems to be working fine on my phone.

No need now. I literally JUST got Glance Background working. I had to uninstall it and then reinstall it. Afterward, I chose a picture for the background and it was working just fine. :smile:

mceme

May 24, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 PDev on Lumia 820 freeze on lockscreen, happened one time today. Remove the battery and back to normal .
Sometimes i need click power button more times to phone wakeup :(

danielgray

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia 920, I have had the audio bug. Volume nutty being able to be changed. Also sound only coming from the left ear in the headset. Both times using the Audible app. I had the volume problem first, rebooted, them had the volume in left ear issue. I have had both issues in WP8 too, difference is I only use built in apps for podcasting, so possibly is an issue caused by the Audible app.

danielgray

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had podcasts crash, the playback position is not saved when this happens.
Also, have had lock screen lock with half the keyboard showing. Then phone rebooted.

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Should I try the Wp8.1 again, after it breaks my microphone which is Shxxxx

Guys,

So I was the lucky one that updating to Wp8.1 destroyed my microphone on 925. Many users have this problem too. Now i get a replacement. QUestion is,

Will you try updating to wp8.1 again with the risk it might breaks the microphone again?

Any idea?

Any user with 925 does not have this problem at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes