08-06-2014 09:22 PM
545 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Can somebody please let me know if the parallax effect is available with this update? And if so, is it compatible with all devices?
    04-15-2014 02:50 AM
    Can somebody please let me know if the parallax effect is available with this update? And if so, is it compatible with all devices?
    Yes and Yes
    04-15-2014 02:54 AM
    Yes and Yes
    How does it work in Windows phones? In the case of the iphone, I heard that if you tilt the device you can see what's behind the home screen icons. But how is it implemented here?
    04-15-2014 03:06 AM
    How does it work in Windows phones? In the case of the iphone, I heard that if you tilt the device you can see what's behind the home screen icons. But how is it implemented here?
    Easiest would be for you to watch a video review of 8.1
    04-15-2014 03:08 AM
    Installed on my 8S and so far it's perfect. The best features for me are installing apps on SD card, third column of tiles, the battery app and storage sense. And let's not forget that the best offline navigation app is now available, HERE Drive!
    azcruz likes this.
    04-15-2014 03:11 AM
    I LOVE it. Obviously, it has some deffects. But I would like to point out some things I thought of :
    - The music app is terrible. But hey!, it's now an app and MS can update it quickly. So I wouldn't be surprise if MS correct some deffects in the few next weeks (days?)
    - The photo hub it better than before in the way that the organization of the photos is better than before (and we have direct access to the album). Ok, the background is worse than before. No dubt it will be fixed in the final version.
    - It's sensibly slower than before. There's still a long process of optimization to be made before the final version. Same with battery.
    -I noticed that the battery acts different than before. Will using the phone, it drain quicker than before. But in sleep mode, it seems it's been improved. Have you noticed that?
    04-15-2014 03:13 AM
    Very underwhelmed!
    We've seen the features leaked for months and they were something to look forward to. Now we've actually felt and seen them in action it just feels pretty average.
    I Honestly don't think this is the saviour of windows phone. Not by a long shot.
    04-15-2014 03:20 AM
    Downloading and installing right now :D Googling around seems like it's a good update but we will see!
    manvuk likes this.
    04-15-2014 03:33 AM
    Closing internet explorer 11 lags for anyone?

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    04-15-2014 04:04 AM
    The photos hub is such an utter disappointment. This 8.1 update took away some of the nicest features which wp8 had!
    Please vote and share this suggestion! :) Do not change Photos Hub style in Windows Phone 8.1 – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    04-15-2014 04:18 AM
    I would keep it only because of swype style keyboard, and quiet hours.

I hate the drop in performance in a lumia 620, specially in the calendar. The new photo hub is terrible, as the music app.

Too much gimmicky Cortana. Ms please focus in the basic stuff.
    04-15-2014 04:35 AM
    does flv video work on ie11..
    04-15-2014 04:38 AM
    am stuck in narrator mode how do I get out of it
    04-15-2014 04:58 AM
    Has anyone noticed that now Whatsapp actually requires to be enabled on background .. was not like that before the update.... any clue
    I have....
    04-15-2014 05:27 AM
    Weren't we supposed to be able to attach any kind of file to emails? I'm still getting the option to only attach pictures!
    04-15-2014 05:33 AM
    Hi guys, please help. The update downloads fails and gives me an error 801882d2. Whats wrong?
    04-15-2014 05:49 AM
    Weren't we supposed to be able to attach any kind of file to emails? I'm still getting the option to only attach pictures!
    Imagine you want to attach a doc file. Open office, long tap in the document, share, select e-mail and you are done :)
    04-15-2014 07:00 AM
    So many things are not working on my 1520:

Appstore
    Nokia Music
    Bluetooth problems
    Crazy battery drain
    Sudden lag (on my 1520!!)
    Camera acting weird and quitting for no reason sometimes
    Awful gallery app / photo hub
    Cortana.. yawn. We went through all this with Siri and the Google effort and then everyone was too embarrased to use it in public anyway. Who the hell wants to tell the world that you need to remember to buy but* cream or whatever! :)
    Still no eq / fx through bluetooth

I think it will be good when its done but it's not done yet, is it? I'll probably flashing the stock firmware back at some point in the next day or two but it's not diminished my enthusiasm for the OS, not one bit.
    04-15-2014 07:04 AM
    Imagine you want to attach a doc file. Open office, long tap in the document, share, select e-mail and you are done :)

Try attaching a doc file to an existing email thread and report back. Because when someone asks me to send them a document I don't reply with a totally separate email, does any business work that way? Complete and utter disgrace this functionality is not there in the 4th year of this platforms existence. Again they have concentrated on fluff like Cortana instead of addressing real problems with this OS.
    04-15-2014 07:15 AM
    Downloading and installing right now :D Googling around seems like it's a good update but we will see!
    Well I think I have explored all the standard stuff and all my regular games and apps are working fine, So far so good ;) All is well and I love it :D No bugs to report unless I missed something!
    04-15-2014 07:26 AM
    SMS/MMS confirmations are STILL received as separate messages WITHOUT even resolving sender name. That is so stupid. This should have been fixed bazillion years ago.
    SSK the Gr8 and Tiaxx like this.
    04-15-2014 08:48 AM
    WP 8.1 is great and working very smooth on my lumia 620 faster than WP 8. I like installing apps on my sd card and the action center.
    04-15-2014 09:11 AM
    Very happy camper here!

I am confused by all the posts about Xbox music being slow, mine is totally fine after initially having to find all my music. Maybe because I store almost no music on my phone, it's mostly collections stored in my xbox account? Anyway, feeling bad for those that are so unhappy with it. :(

The FB integration loss, also feeling bad for folks. I dumped FB last year and don't miss it a bit, but I always thought the integration in WP was really great.

Cortana took a while and a soft reset or two to show up, but I have been having a great time with it. I LOVE BEING ABLE TO ADD A CALENDAR ITEM WITH VOICE. <3 <3 <3. REMINDERS HUGE, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    One bug with Cortana that I noticed: when bluetooth is on in my device, Cortana is totally deaf, cannot seem to hear or comprehend a thing that I say. Turn off bluetooth, and Cortana is fine.

The wallpaper option is cool but I think it works best with non-photo images. I have been using the app Wallpaper Patterns and have found some great stuff for it there. Also--is there an app that lets me create a blank but transparent tile? I would pay some money for that, for sure....WizTiles, please send out an update with that, stat!

I also never thought I would say this, as I thought a notification/action center seemed redundant with live tiles, but no: It's good. Really good. I love it, especially the shortcut from there to all Settings, that is awesome.

One strong dislike--cannot share photos to OneDrive, unless you set the default setting to upload everything? Yerks. I don't keep forever every single photo I take, now I have to manage them in two places at once? DISLIKE. I would have included a screenshot of my current phone screen so you could see how nice Wallpaper Patterns stuff can be, but apparently the screenshots folder is the one folder that does NOT auto upload to OneDrive. So they are basically stranded on my phone now, unless someone knows a workaround that doesn't involve emailing images anywhere.

So far, though I am loving 8.1.
    in 8.1 where has the option to keep wifi always on gone?
    Try attaching a doc file to an existing email thread and report back. Because when someone asks me to send them a document I don't reply with a totally separate email, does any business work that way? Complete and utter disgrace this functionality is not there in the 4th year of this platforms existence. Again they have concentrated on fluff like Cortana instead of addressing real problems with this OS.
    Well,there seems to be a workaround for this now,go to outlook on IE,switch to PC site,select the thread you need to reply to,attach the docs using the file picker and voila...!
    04-15-2014 09:13 AM
545 ... 1112131415 ...