[Official] Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

Shad9w

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

How can you transfer apps to SD card?
Edit: Found it. Apps can be moved from the 'storage sense'.

Also, are spotify songs saved on the SD card or on the phone?
Can you choose where the app data is saved?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

FB beta does not tap in to the people hub. Installed FB fron the store, but it does not open... Anyone else havin problems with FB?

anon(8219585)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

My initial thoughts? I'm loving it. The only reason I'm out here typing is because I just changed my region and speech to United States. Yeah you guessed it. Cortana!
Before that, I played around with the tiles, and some of the settings. I must say the background looks gorgeous. I did not think Microsoft would be able to pull that off.
The notification bar is pretty awesome, would have liked more options though but can't really complain since we finally got a notifications bar.
Overall I'm happy and really excited still. A lot to digest and a lot to explore.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

My update took half an hour from the moment I tapped 'install' and accepted the terms. Don't have Cortana yet, but I was planning to do a hard reset anyway.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

when you buy an app in the store, you are not directed to the your app list, you stay in the store

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Are letters organizing app list obligatory now? Guess it's logical when all apps and games are listed in WP8.1. I've noticed that Games app doesen't view animated avatar when pinned to start. Some kind of bug or it's a normal behaviour? So far I'm more than impressed. Amazing work Microsoft!

Oh, and is there a way to keep my local language of the phone while having it set to US region and English (US) speech?

Any1? Especially the thing with launguage, region and speech.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

when you buy an app in the store, you are not directed to the your app list, you stay in the store

That's good, it was a PITA when I was looking for more than one app for it to jump to the app list.

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

I've just tried out the new swipe keyboard to write an email. That thing seems very accurate. Much more accurate than my typing. :)

etnikoo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Everything looks so great but damn xbox music... Not liking it at all. Hopefully, updates in future will make it more pleasing to use.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

Is there double tap to sleep? I can't find it

Hell double tap to wake has disappeared on my 920!!! What happened?! Where is the setting meant to be? It's not under display+touch!

Edit: Updated my nokia apps and its back!

Last edited:

M0stlyHarmless

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Where can i find "background tasks"? It used to be in the settings, but it isn't there any more. How do i control now which apps can run in the background and which not?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon