[Official] Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

Unless I'm crazy, you cannot seem to fb chat through the messaging app. Also, calendar seems different.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Unless I'm crazy, you cannot seem to fb chat through the messaging app. Also, calendar seems different.

Facebook integration is gone in People Hub. Will require you to install the crap Facebook v5 app. Yes, Calendar has been changed.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

sooooooo...lonnnnnnnggg... OMGG. I'm on step 3 in the last update, but I started this process at like 6pm, I have typed a paper for school, finished a book and its still not done, lol...

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Great update. I am loving the update. Covers 90 % of the deficiency of feature. I hope MS start working on OS in full concentration.

Ex14

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Btw for those of you whoi wants the comma button in keyboard, This might help? It's under Advanced in keyboard settings

WP_20140415 2.png

Atticuscr

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

From Costa Rica, some updates
1) Facebook and Twitter Integrations are now a ****!, If you remove your FB integration, the ME hub is GONE!! (and therefore, Twitter integration is broken, you won't be able to see your twitter replies in the me hub!) (UPDATE, I recovered it, but It's usless!)
2) Xbox Music is SLOWWWWW as hell! I have a lot of music "on the cloud" + xbox music pass and It has a odd necesity to search my phone for music plus searching on my xbox music account for music on the cloud (7000+ songs) .... Can't stand it!!
3) Facebook official App crashes a lot, I've probably sent like 7 or 8 crash feedbacks to Microsoft via email by now (less than 8 hours after I installed the Software)
4) had to reconfigure a lot of apps to take advantage of notification center, If your app does not send a Toast Notification, It will NOT be recorded by the Notification Center! (example, In MetroMail, I had it configured just to count the unread email)
4) Facebook notifications are sometimes not swiped when you open the app, you must read all the notifications prior going out of the app to reset/delete the tile counter
5) Cortana recognizes my Latino Accent with no problem!!
6) the Option to disable background apps is gone, I no longer see it on Settings --> applications
7) I think this was announced anyway, but I think Miracast won't work on Lumia 925!
8) Some apps got reset , I had to re-configure them (facebook??)
9) Marketplace Overhaul got it more complicated for me... (am I against the change?)
10) All Games are now listed as apps!! (why then the Game hub, they were hidden! and it was good!)
11) Can't reposition the cursor the same way as it has been since Windows Phone 7.0!!
12) Agenda view on Calendar is GONE!,
13) Facebook chat is GONE from the SMS/Messaging Hub (this means this is no longer a hub??) Where's microsoft promise to integrate everything. (I think lots have thought there was an oportunity to see SMS, FB Chat, Whatsapp and others integrated in one hub and one single thread)
14) Pictures hub no longer will show up all your Facebook and Onedrive albums in an integrated Album View, you have to click to another "button" to get to your respective Album list (ugly!)
15) The Data Indicator (H, LTE, 3G, E) is hidden in the notification center... there's no longer an easy way to see if you have data or not enabled or in data-enabled area.
16) The Gmail Integration in email hub must be authorized by Google (connects like an app, why if I use IMAP-S?) Does this contains the same functionality as MetroMail?
Any other missing?

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone noticed that now Whatsapp actually requires to be enabled on background .. was not like that before the update.... any clue

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Love love LOVE the calendar and the background picture. Haven't gotten around to using Cortana yet

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone noticed that now Whatsapp actually requires to be enabled on background .. was not like that before the update.... any clue

just enable it then. its ok, right?
in fact, the background enabling is giving us more flexibility as we r able to control almost all apps.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

From Costa Rica, some updates
1) Facebook and Twitter Integrations are now a ****!, If you remove your FB integration, the ME hub is GONE!! (and therefore, Twitter integration is broken, you won't be able to see your twitter replies in the me hub!) (UPDATE, I recovered it, but It's usless!)
2) Xbox Music is SLOWWWWW as hell! I have a lot of music "on the cloud" + xbox music pass and It has a odd necesity to search my phone for music plus searching on my xbox music account for music on the cloud (7000+ songs) .... Can't stand it!!
3) Facebook official App crashes a lot, I've probably sent like 7 or 8 crash feedbacks to Microsoft via email by now (less than 8 hours after I installed the Software)
4) had to reconfigure a lot of apps to take advantage of notification center, If your app does not send a Toast Notification, It will NOT be recorded by the Notification Center! (example, In MetroMail, I had it configured just to count the unread email)
4) Facebook notifications are sometimes not swiped when you open the app, you must read all the notifications prior going out of the app to reset/delete the tile counter
5) Cortana recognizes my Latino Accent with no problem!!
6) the Option to disable background apps is gone, I no longer see it on Settings --> applications
7) I think this was announced anyway, but I think Miracast won't work on Lumia 925!
8) Some apps got reset , I had to re-configure them (facebook??)
9) Marketplace Overhaul got it more complicated for me... (am I against the change?)
10) All Games are now listed as apps!! (why then the Game hub, they were hidden! and it was good!)
11) Can't reposition the cursor the same way as it has been since Windows Phone 7.0!!
12) Agenda view on Calendar is GONE!,
13) Facebook chat is GONE from the SMS/Messaging Hub (this means this is no longer a hub??) Where's microsoft promise to integrate everything. (I think lots have thought there was an oportunity to see SMS, FB Chat, Whatsapp and others integrated in one hub and one single thread)
14) Pictures hub no longer will show up all your Facebook and Onedrive albums in an integrated Album View, you have to click to another "button" to get to your respective Album list (ugly!)
15) The Data Indicator (H, LTE, 3G, E) is hidden in the notification center... there's no longer an easy way to see if you have data or not enabled or in data-enabled area.
16) The Gmail Integration in email hub must be authorized by Google (connects like an app, why if I use IMAP-S?) Does this contains the same functionality as MetroMail?
Any other missing?

you can select background tasks from battery saver app in usage panel

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I noticed something. I cannot go to the advanced settings of Internet Explorer. Every time I try to go it reverts back to the previous page.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

sooooooo...lonnnnnnnggg... OMGG. I'm on step 3 in the last update, but I started this process at like 6pm, I have typed a paper for school, finished a book and its still not done, lol...

Must be a slow internet connection. Mine got done in about 40 minutes start to finish.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I have one thing to say to all then people complaining about different parts of the OS being slow or ugly: Go make your own phone OS then...

</rant>
<apology>

Sorry for the rant.

</apology>

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I've been at the cog at the 5% mark for 30 minutes. Gonna faint soon.

I know I'm suppose to wait in this stage for a while but, not 30 minutes...

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I've been at the cog at the 5% mark for 30 minutes. Gonna faint soon.

I know I'm suppose to wait in this stage for a while but, not 30 minutes...

Mine was at that point for almost an hour. Then, it jumped to about 60% and sat for almost 2 minutes before going on to the 'Migrating Data' portion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon