IE11 and saving files

Julek

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok, where the hell does it save the downloaded files?:D

I searched through the entire phone, through OneDrive and it is simply not there.

I downloaded a word file yesterday and IE said that the file was saved in the downloaded catalog. The thing is, it is nowhere to be found.

Any suggestions?:)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't download word file at all.Error showed up. I think if you connect phone to PC it will show up probably in documents folder

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
The file was saved to the "Downloads" folder, but there are not WP8.1 apps yet that can read that folder, it is a new API and new apps are needed.

What you can do is go to onedrive web page (using IE11 on the phone) and upload the document to onedrive.

EDIT: Or connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.

mihirt7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i tried downloading a pdf and a docx file from gmail.. and then tried to access these files from word and pdf reader and I was able to access them.
However, if I went to gmail on IE11 and tried to attach the same file I could not access any of these files.

PS: when I try to attach the files in gmail, it gives a file picker like menu similar to what we saw in one of the build sessions.
on first click it asks to attach either from Pictures or from Phone folder, on choosing phone, i got another list which had Documents, Downloads, Music, Video and Ringtone. Only Music folder had any files rest all of them were empty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes