Need help with transparent backgrounds.

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I want to use this photo as my background with transparent live tiles (I linked a smaller version than the one I used, for spacing purposes):

200px-Portland_Trail_Blazers_alternate_logosmall.png

I wanted something more transparent to make text more readable, so I set Opacity to 25% in photoshop:

blazers logo.jpg

Here is what my options look like when selecting a background image:

wp_ss_20140424_0004.jpg

As you can see, they are displaying correctly.

THE PROBLEM: When I actually set the faded image as my background, it is no longer faded!

Here is my homescreen with the original, untouched image:

wp_ss_20140424_0003.jpg

And here is my background with the edited image:

wp_ss_20140424_0002.jpg

THEY LOOK THE EXACT SAME!!! What's up with that?

(PS If there is a good way to hide large images, e.g. with spoiler tags, please let me know.)

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I was seeing a problem when changing photos...they weren't always changing when I told them to. I got in the habit of clicking the "Remove" link under the choose photo before changing my Start Screen background.

Seems silly, but it might help.

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was seeing a problem when changing photos...they weren't always changing when I told them to. I got in the habit of clicking the "Remove" link under the choose photo before changing my Start Screen background.

Seems silly, but it might help.

Good idea, but it didn't work. I deleted all the photos but the one I want, removed the photo, verified it was removed, then selected the transparent one. Looks the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss