The WP 8.1 laggy experience when returning to start screen. Do you experience something similar?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I agree, its the SD card. I have a class 10 PNY, write speeds are only 11-12mb/sec and that's not fast enough. Games were horrible to play and using the phone was lagging at times. So I moved the biggest files to internal memory and kept the smaller apps on the SD card. Now my 1520 is the exact same smoothness of 8.0.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Lots of lag all over the OS now. Not sure if MS needs to optimize the code some or maybe we've hit the threshold that starts requiring quad-core processors and more RAM. I have a Lumia 920.

Still enjoy 8.1 tremendously, but it could be off putting for some who aren't used it.

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling its got something to do with 8.1 not being optimized for various devices, similar to the Samsung camera problem. It might perform better after the cyan update maybe?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Lots of lag all over the OS now. Not sure if MS needs to optimize the code some or maybe we've hit the threshold that starts requiring quad-core processors and more RAM. I have a Lumia 920.

Still enjoy 8.1 tremendously, but it could be off putting for some who aren't used it.

I promise it is more optimized for your processor at the moment. But true optimization will come from firmware.

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I faced same issue on my lumia 625 But "Reset Device" solves ALL Issues....Now phone has filled with same as Before no issues faced.....PLEASE NOTE: Class 6 & 10 SD card is required for smooth operation until final OEM's relese updates....APPs can be installed only on SD cards of Class 6 & above even after OEM's update....

Terry Miles

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Not having issues with lag after update.I did when first installed, rebooted phone and all was ok. That was two days ago, still running smooth. I have a 521.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I experience something similar? Whenever I go to the homescreen, Ihave to wait like 1 second to be able to tap any tiles. It's weird... Do you guys experience anything like this?

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
No issues at all on a 1520. Runs smooth as usual, fast and nice. Only one crash since installing. Crashed while pushing the Windows button to go back to Start page and froze in between the transition. That issue side i don't notice that issue. Mine since day one tends to show screen with negative colors (like blues and reds) when waking up...lasts like 10 seconds, then everything goes back to normal.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
8.1 definitely has more laggy moments than 8.0 did. Still like it a lot but they've lost some of the fluid interface. Used to be the only phone that was as consistently fluid as an iPhone. Now it feels like a new iOS update on old Apple hardware. I.e. a little laggy at times.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Same here on my 1020.. nothing to worry about. Once the Cyan firmware is released, all of our troubles will be history! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon