Anyone Wish Flip Tiles Were Transparent?

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I really like the new background feature, but the fact that flip tiles aren't transparent is really irritating me.
The flip tile system is a majority of what I like about Windows Phone (I like having a medium tile with textual content).
The problem with the iconic tile is that content doesn't show up, unless it's a wide tile.
My flip tiles are transparent, on the back, but I wish the front was transparent, as well.
I would like to see a combination of flip and iconic tiles (transparent with an icon, on the front, and textual content, on the back).
JJ

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Why are you talking to us, shouldn't you be telling the developers this
Hmmm...
I know that iconic tiles only showing content, when wide, is an operating system thing.

Are you saying that the image file, that flip tiles use, can have transparency that will allow the background to show through?
If that's the case, then I (as a developer) didn't realize that.
I don't think that I've seen a single non-iconic transparent tile.
JJ

Edit...
Well...
http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/...-tiles-transparent-for-windows-phone-8-1.aspx
Apparently, I didn't know you could do that.
Thanks for the enlightenment.
JJ

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
One of my apps has a flip tile, and both sides are transparent. I even took the icon from the font side, flipped it upside-down, and made it more transparent, so when you see the back of the tile, it looks like you're looking through the tile to the back side of the icon. :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes