Apps not closing and Phone only rings twice before going to voicemail.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why and I can't find any settings that deal with it but ever since the 8.1 upgrade, I have noticed that I need to hold the back arrow down till all my open apps show and close a lot of them manually instead of them closing automatically when I tap the back arrow like before. Facebook is the most obvious one.

I've also noticed that my phone will only ring twice now before going to voicemail. That never happened before.

Any ideas why these things are going on? I'd really love to find a resolution to this, especially the phone. I miss way too many calls simply because my phone is sitting on the other side of the room.

bananabender

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Well to be fair it is a developer preview, right? Or have I missed out on that much... Anyway, gone through settings through mobile + network and the sort?

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I think 8.1 changed the back button behavior regarding the new .appx apps. You might want to double check that though.

As far as ringing time before going to voicemail, try this:

1.On your phone, go to your dialer and then dial: *#61# and hit Call button.

This will display your current voicemail number and the delay time. Write down the number since you need to enter this next.

2. On your phone, go to the dialer. Dial this number from the keypad to change the time your phone will ring before it goes to Voicemail.

**61*1yyyYYYyyyy*11*xx# and then hit the call button

So in the above code, you will put your voicemail number where the yYs are and the time delay in seconds for the xx‘s. Once you hit call it will give confirmation if it was successful or not.

Delay is in five second increments with the maximum being 30 seconds (ie 5,10,15,20,25,30 secs).

So for example, if your voicemail number is 555-444-4444 and you want to set it to the maximum 30 seconds, you would dial this the phone’s keypad:

**61*15554445555*11*30#

This will work for any GSM /Sim Card Carrier.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the ringer information. I think part of my battery problem is the fact that apps are being left open in the background when I think I'm closing them. I hope this behavior isn't going to be a permanent thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05