Can't reply emails with attachmenets

yousi

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

shockingly , it seems that you can't reply emails with attachments. the only thing you can attach when replying an email seems to be pictures only! as if this phone was designed to be used for anything but business or work.

I have heard lots of "work around" to something that should not have a work around for. Why should I go to my OneDrive and send documents through sharing? or open the PDF Reader and share my PDFs through there? this is crazy.

It is a feature that any phone has more than 5 years ago and it seems that Microsoft is still ignoring it for some reason.

I am starting to realize now why Microsoft is falling behind other phone OS providers.

Am I the only one having this problem? :eck:

Carlos M Duarte

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No, you aren't. Using WP on a businees environment has been sometimes quite painful. Email is woefully inadequate (try attaching more than one file - not picture, file - to an email, especiallyu from mixed locations), the calendar (even the all-singing-all-dancing one in 8.1) lacks basic business features such as displaying more than appointments for the current day and a proper tasks list (with live tile), VPN was until very recently completely glossed-over, etc.

MSFT betted on the wrong horse: they should have went after BB, business-oriented mobiles WITH a deep integration with the rest of the MSFT ecosystem. They decided to compete with iOS. Just plain wrong.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
WP is painful for business use. I came very close to dumping it and going with Android when I first got the phone. It's a very poor choice if you plan to email documents about. It was and still is one of the features that I want. All the eye candy stuff they brought out I could care less about. Give me a good solid device to use for business purposes and the thing would have sold like hotcakes. They failed big time with their choice of catering to the average consumer first and business second.

yousi

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
i couldn't agree more. apparently they are focusing on making this thing "beautiful" not "functional" . When I see the list of features on the new Windows Phone 8.1 i like some and wonder why they wasted their time other stuff.

Windows Phone is missing very important features. they need to get their act together.

And by the way, this email thingy is not just a business thing. A recruiting company sent me an email asking me to reply with my CV. I wasn't able to !!! I had to wait until I went home and did it from my PC !!! Can you imagine ?

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
While this is an annoying issue, and one which should be rectified with WP aiming for Enterprise users, this isn't a limitation with just Windows Phone. iOS also does not have the option to attach documents, only photos/videos.

Hopefully WP can implement an option to attach Office docs in GDR1 or a future update :)

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
While this is an annoying issue, and one which should be rectified with WP aiming for Enterprise users, this isn't a limitation with just Windows Phone. iOS also does not have the option to attach documents, only photos/videos.

Hopefully WP can implement an option to attach Office docs in GDR1 or a future update :)

But that's the problem, we are always waiting for this stuff. Its always promises that its coming and it never shows. At least with iOS I can get an app that lets me do whatever I want for attachments in email. I mean, how hard can it be to code this stuff? We have been asking for this for years and still nothing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You're half right. Out of the box iOS doesn't have this feature but you can get an app for that. Which you can't for WP

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
And by the way, this email thingy is not just a business thing. A recruiting company sent me an email asking me to reply with my CV. I wasn't able to !!! I had to wait until I went home and did it from my PC !!! Can you imagine ?

I had similar issues. I was a contractor. I used to get contracted by recruiters all the time and had to do the same thing. Then I had the issue with my accountant. Drove me nuts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon