Lumia 820 Phone 8 (Black update) disconnects from 2014 Kia in-dash system

twharte

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a 2014 Kia with builtin bluetooth and it works fine with my wife's Samsung Galaxy and transfers contacts and history.

My Lumia 820 paired with the system and after connecting it drops out. It is the time when I expect the car is attempting to download contacts and history which it always does upon successful connection.

Is anyone aware of updates for Phone 8 or even Kia bluetooth that would make this work?

Thanks,
T

twharte

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Tried a Lumia 1020 and it also frequently disconnects.

I actually got my history and contacts downloads to run through once. I've managed to get the system to dial a call, so I think the Kia supports the phone, however, Phone8 are just **** at maintaining BT connection?

twharte

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
It has similar problems with Cyan update.

I watch the connection on the phone and in-dash and it appears the phone drops first and can't decide whether it wants to connect voice and or music.
IDGAF about music, the car plays from iPod. I've tried disabling music streaming via in-dash. I just want voice to stay connected and deal with history and contacts properly and no go into an endless reconnect loop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes