New Lock Screen Security feature?

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that MS with its intent on making an OS for smartphones even better could introduce within WP8.1 a security feature within the new Lock Screen app that it would enable the user to input an extra security aid that would/could a picture of anyone looking directly at the device with the front facing camera in the event that the device was stolen and the person in attempting to unlock the phone would have their pic taken and sent to one-drive for future use in the reacquiring of said stolen phone. Just a thought!!!!

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well dont keep your hopes to high.
What would you do when you recieve a pic of someone trying to open the phone?
In the time you filing a report at the policestation you phone is already stripped in to small parts.
Stolen phones parts are easier to sell then a complete phone, because they are not traceable.

And even when you do get a picture?
Do you realy think they send a complete taskforce just for one phone?
Having a picture is something else then actualy knowing where it is.
You cant prove if the one on the picture is the one who stole it.......he might be a buyer or have found it.
So its says nothing.
Hm the great find my phone app..........yes i know where it is :) but is your phone acurate enough?
It gives a location on a flat scale, but not in hight......and there you are standing before a 10 stories high building....good luck
And even when you are in luck, what would you do.....ask him/her kindley to return your phone.

The phones who are recovered this way has more to do with luck.
You are better of with a kill switch, but who cares, they only use it for parts.
Just look at fleebay or those dark sinister workshops.
How do you think they could sell parts so cheap?

A complete (stolen ) phone is mostly unusable and a junkie or whatever sells it for 20 $
Hm, lets say i bought it for 20$
I rip it appart.......100$ for the digitizer and screen, 10 $ for a backplate, 50$ for the casing, 5$ for the battery
maybe a 100$ for the mainboard.
Thats 265$ against the 20$ i paid for it.

So what use would such a app have...........just niche.
A fake feeling of safety.

When its stolen ore lost, just file in a report for the ensurance and dont be a hero.
Unles you catch him/her redhanded.

The best savetyfeature are stil your own eyes.
Keep it always in site.

just a screenlock pin is enought.
Most people dont agree with that last statement, but remember this....creditcards are also protected with a few numbers
and most people dont even care

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, a picture is better than nothing isn't it, and if even said person is noy the thief, they are still a potential lead, best case scenario if someone decides to pursue it.

Those who would strip for parts would have to be smart, but there are many who probably don't think of that, I am sure. You'd be surprised.

You'd probably make a successful phone processor, but I don't know about everyone else.

Yes, my car was stolen, I know exactly who potentially did it or has a link somehow looks like. I have a couple mile radius. Oh well, who would pursue that trail? its probably going to be completely broken down within the next 10 minutes, might as well let it go.
I'm just joking with that, its obviously a bizarre absolute, but fun to toy with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb