Error 0X80070002 when trying to update from WP8.1 to WP8.1 Update

Paul David O

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 running Preview for Developers.
Update to WP8.1 worked fine but despite multiple attempts, trying to install WP8.1 Update 1 always results in error 0x80070002 despite multiple attempts over multiple days.
Anyone else seeing this problem? Any tips for resolution?
I'll post here if I find a solution.

Paul David O

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I did a reset on the phone (normal reset, did not use Nokia restore to downgrade from WP8.1) and after that Update 1 installed properly (via developer preview).

Moe920

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
okay just tried it and I got update 1 now. Unfortunately I had to do the hard reset (Settings > About > scroll to bottom and reset your phone) the process was not smooth though -_- some settings did not restore even though they were backed up some of the issues I encountered : start screen is about 60% correct, my texts messages are gone, during the restore process when I was on WIFI I couldn't restore my phone cause it gave me an error "Couldn't connect" to my MS account SO I had to hard reset the phone again and do the restore using my mobile data and for some reason it worked. I manually backed up my pics and video on my pc...not the end of the world but still annoying. but the Folder update is cool I like it! also noticed some minor IE improvements when browsing mobile web sites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle