Backstack Animation

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using Lumia 520 running WP8.1 Update 1 + Cyan.

When I first updated to WP8.1, I realised that they are new transitions when pressing back button to go to the previously opened app from the home screen. The new animations are like the reverse of the Windows button animation. It looks like individual tiles flipping up from the bottom right corner.

And then I realised once I restarted my phone, the animations are back to pre-WP8.1. It will be more boring and look like a flip of the home screen and replaced with the app.

Have anyone realised this? Or is this a specific case for me only?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I understand
but I don't really have much to contribute

I remember when 8.1 first popped up, I was psyched for the new animations, but they've since vanished long ago.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I previously hard reseted my phone. And suddenly I saw the animations back. I was pretty surprised but thought that I just forgotten it was there.

Who knows, after awhile it was gone again, after a reboot.

This is a really odd thing to happen lol

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I previously hard reseted my phone. And suddenly I saw the animations back. I was pretty surprised but thought that I just forgotten it was there.

Who knows, after awhile it was gone again, after a reboot.

This is a really odd thing to happen lol

I remember hearing it was linked to the extras+info settings panel before, can't confirm it atm though.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I read this too that updating the extras+info caused this. So try to update extras+info to see if it's fixes that.

No it was the updates to that which removed the animations. I heard of someone uninstalling it, buy I don't remember what transpired

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The animation which the OP is referring to wasn't removed. It just comes and goes depending on what apps you've opened since you restarted your phone. Try opening the camera or the Cortana tile to get it working again.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The animation which the OP is referring to wasn't removed. It just comes and goes depending on what apps you've opened since you restarted your phone. Try opening the camera or the Cortana tile to get it working again.

You're right o_O. Opening Cortana really does bring back the animation. Opening camera however does not work for me.

That's strange, is it meant to be like that? Or is it a bug?

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I'm not sure why opening the Cortana tile changes the behavior but it does.

Another visual bug is with the search icon on the app list screen. Sometimes it will just disappear when you open an app instead of following the animation. I haven't figured that one out.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I'm not sure why opening the Cortana tile changes the behavior but it does.

Another visual bug is with the search icon on the app list screen. Sometimes it will just disappear when you open an app instead of following the animation. I haven't figured that one out.

Sorry, don't quite get you there

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The magnifying glass icon in the app list that allows you to search. Sometimes it disappears when you open an app from the list, sometimes it does the animation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos