L830 search button fail - Long press disables sounds and notifications

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am very happy with my new Lumia 830, but i have found that a couple things are not working.
the one that bothers me the most is that i cannot get the speech to work. Normally when u hold the "search" key it will bring up a voice commands function (not Cortana) seeing that i reside in Belgium Cortana is not yet available to me, so i used the regular voice commands on my old Lumia 820 + Dev.Prev.

This has stopped working after updating to the Preview :( Only the short press that lets u type work's not the long press for voice commands
Another problem that occurs is that when i long pressed the search key, not only does it do nothing, it disables the camera shutter sound and some notification sounds. :eck:

Any suggestions?
Thx

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Now i changed my region + language from Dutch to US-English and i was expecting Cortana to show up, but instead i now have the functionality i was describing earlier. in other words, now when i long press the search key i egt the "regular" voice commands, with limited functionality. This is weird!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes