Queries and Concerns regarding Lumia Denim Update in India?

Vinayak Rajesekhar

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I updated my phone's software to Lumia Denim a short while ago and have certain queries that I hope would be answered. Let me go topic by topic to make it easier:

Cortana:
The app when opened says, "I'm sorry, but I can't speak your language yet". My settings however, have speech language as English (United States). What must I do for Cortana to work?

Applications/Games:
The moment my phone restarted after successfully installing the update, I swiped over to my application list and noticed that most of them were 'installing'. Could anybody explain why this happened? If apps were indeed downloaded to and installed on the SD card, the phone ideally should have booted all of the apps directly instead of re-installing them.

Microsoft Account/Email Accounts:
I also noticed my Microsoft and other Email Accounts were syncing at the time the phone restarted. It had me slightly worried.

Lastly, could anybody offer any handy tips on phone management to ensure longevity?

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Change speech to English (United Kingdom). Also, I can't update. It says it was downloaded, but the update couldn't be opened. Lumia 520, India.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Cortana: I do not know

Apps/games : That is normal it always happens after an update. Just wait after a while every thing is okay.

Your accounts always sync if you power up so also no problem.

aziouazrayes

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
1- For Cortana to work you must change your region to US (for US Cortana) along with your phone language and speech language (All of them must be the same English, in this case US). Notice that if your speech language wasn't English before, when you change it to US it will download a pack for it, about 25 mb.

2- After an OS update install it's normal to see apps as INSTALLING. It means that the system is re-enabling them after they were SANDBOXED for the update to take effect. Just wait for few minutes and the state of INSTALLING will go away.

3- As for the email syncing, it's also normal because the email it reconnecting to Microsoft servers after the installation. I will be back to normal after few minutes.

Everything with your update is OK. The best way to manage your phone is to keep it up to date and to keep only the apps you need running in the background for better battery management. Also change the default installed apps location to SD card if you have one.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having 520/525/720/1320 respond to this...

This question was to confirm whether MS actually rolling out Denim firmware or just an OS update - 8.1 update 1(which was formerly out for preview for developers)
So I would like to ask to post
1) OS version (check About )
2) Denim firmware version (check extras+info if u have it and cross check with Cyan version)

This will clear up the confusion I have and others too will get a clarity

Rowland Jonathan1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I am having a L520 and just updated it to Lumia denim two days back in India
OS Version:8.10.14219.341
Firmware revision number:3058.50000.1425.0001
(Checked in about)
This would help you guys I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads