Copying photos back into the phone after hard reset, does this cause all photos to upload to OneDriv

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If i do a hard reset of my Lumia 930, and then copy all my photos from before the hard reset back into the phone, does this cause a double upload to OneDrive? Or does OneDrive see that those pictures are already backed up to OneDrive? The reason to why i want my photos on my phone is to have them offline too

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Only if you have OneDrive backup on I believe. Also once you have finished copying the pictures, you can toggle the setting to save photos to cloud so then subsequent pictures will be on the phone and OneDrive.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If the titles of the pictures are unaltered I would hope the cloud is smart enough to discard duplicates. If you try, please let us know the result.

A very good question.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you download the pictures to your phone again while the onedrive backup is still on it will add a duplicate of that photo to your onedrive folder.. Not sure if it would help to turn off the backup option first.. Might try that in a bit hehe

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so turning off the backup option before copying the photos and turning it back on after you have finished copying doesn't add duplicates to the onedrive folder. I only tried with two pictures tho, so give it a whirl with one or two and check if you can confirm :)

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks like OneDrive didn't make any duplicates! Copied all my photos back and none we're uploaded.. Also tried to leave the backup option on, same thing :) so it looks like OneDrive checked to see if the photo is already in the cloud :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon