Moving/deleting photos from computer, BUG ?

Adam Hel

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Dear folks,

I moved and deleted some pictures on my phone from file explorer on my computer (USB connexion, Lumia 920, wp 8.1 and windows 8.1). Everything seemed fine. Indeed I now have the folders I've created, showing all the pictures they contain... but I get those weird grey squares (cf. first pic). Actually, the camera roll folder is full of them and they appear in folders where I moved/deleted some pictures.

They seem to be some sort of "ghost pictures" remaining tombs of what once were actual photos. When I tap on them, the phone tries to open them like usual but it just keeps loading and loading, the pictures never show up (cf. second pic).

Deleting the camera roll folder doesn't change a thing, neither do soft resets. Do I have to live like this for ever, knowing that I won't hard reset the phone?

Thanks,
Adam

wp_ss_20150216_0001.png

wp_ss_20150216_0002.png

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
"Tombs" - nice one.:cool:

I remember encountering this with my L1020 before, but what I did didn't work for you this time (I just restarted my phone). But in addition to that, you may try any of the following:

1. Use the Files app and navigate to the location of those photos... deleting them when you see them. Restart your phone afterwards.

2. Launch Storage Sense and delete the temporary files and wait for a few moments (5-15 minutes depending on the amount of temporary files you have). If your "Others" storage occupies some space, you should notice it to reduce in size as well. I suspect that those "tombs" are in the "Others" graveyard, so clearing some of those should wipe your phone clean of any residues left by the photos. Restart your phone afterwards.

Let us know if any of these two worked.

Adam Hel

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've tried using Files before and it didn't work.

But using Storage Sense, deleting Temp files (although it mentioned have 0 bytes) did work!
Thanks a lot !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers