How do I get a step by step procedure for two way sync from WP8 to PC outlook calendar?

davemorris2

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
wanted a step by step procedure for two way sync from WP8 to PC outlook calendar

Windows phone 8 and outlook 2007. I do not want to spend $50 on a third party program when Microsoft should provide that facility.

Last edited:

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: wanted a step by step procedure for two way sync from WP8 to PC outlook calendar

I had a similar quandry, wanting to sync from my employer's 2007 outlook email to my own WP8/outlook.com calendar. I couldn't find any anutomated free solutions. Given that I couldn't find a solution for free, I looked for pay options. I went with gsyncit by fieldston which costs about $20. It works just okay for me, not great at all. The problem I experience is that the software quite frequently stops working and requires removing and re-adding into Outlook's add-ins for me to get it to work again. I do this process probably several times a week and time wasted doing this annoys me. By the way, I use the software to sync from Outlook 2007 on my computer to my gmail account. The gmail calendar entries show up on my WP8 device. 2 things about this solution are not great: using google services and the fact that the add-in stops working frequently. I am considering spending $$$ to purchase the software from Companionlink that looks much more robust and syncs directly to outlook.com. $50 is not a lot of money if it saves me time, aggravation, and stress. They offer a 14 day trial.

The older I get, the more I realize that paying for a software solution that works great is so much better than wasting time cobbling together a solution that only works passably well.

Good luck and let us know what you find!
Sam

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: wanted a step by step procedure for two way sync from WP8 to PC outlook calendar

Is there a problem preventing you from syncing through the internet with a service in the middle? (Like Google, Outlook.com)

You say Microsoft should have made that feature, well sorry to say but its a paradigm since been left behind overall for the most part, and everyone is going to have some random feature on their mind that they think MS should be able to do. Well they can't do them all, and those direct-syncing OSes (Palm OS, Windows Mobile) have long since gone the way of the dodo in favor of syncing to the cloud, which can easily handle multiple participants in real-time.
It's become more a niche feature now these days, sorry

Third Parties have stepped in to fill in the gap, and I think Gamely Lounges has said just about it all.

ntvtxn

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Your best bet is third party software. At first, I was aggravated that Microsoft didn't provide this feature in its Windows Phone. But after much soul researching :) It became clear why it didn't. Two reasons. Sync software is not as simple as we all think it is. And they want people to move to the cloud (Outlook.com).

The best third party app depends on what you want to do and how. For me, I wanted wireless, direct sync between computer and phone. After trying a few apps, I settled on Akruto. It's not free, but it doesn't cost $50 either.

companionlink

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Sam - thanks for the hat tip! (Check your PM.)
Dave - I've PM'ed you a coupon code that will take the sting off the price, should you decide to purchase.

Sync is a tricky business because the role of the utility to is to make two disparate systems work together. And it has to work nicely or your data is hosed. Mobile and cloud platforms inherently are in flux (they get updated more often than traditional PC software). As a result, what worked 12 months ago may not today. It's an on-going dance to keep up.

Under this scenario, a key element to any sync utility is support. CompanionLink offers free telephone support so you can pick up the phone and talk to someone. I don't think anyone else offers this.

Hendrik_K

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
seems like fieldstonsoftware fixed this issue , have a look at their support page.
I had the same issue with inactive toolbar / add-in after every outlook restart, and now it works after "repair"

use the latest version of gsyncit.as i am not allowed to post links here (as newbie with less than 10 post...#wtf) i cant link directly, sorry.
*/support/support_gsyncit_missingtoolbar.shtml

* replace thorugh the offical webpagename of fielstonsoftware
best regards

hendrik

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss