Windows Phone 8 other storage problem

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Samsung ATIV S for 3 months and the "other" storage has grown to 11GB. My phone has 16GB storage capacity and I only have 250MB free space left. Almost 70% of my phone storage is an unknown category that I can't delete. I calculated that this other storage grows by about 114MB per day, which means that i only have a couple days before my phone runs out of space. What on earth could save 114MB per day? All photos and videos I take are all saved to the SD card. Is there any way to tell what is using this 11GB of space?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you search for other storage in these forums, you will get tons of results. Should be able to easily find any answers you need!

GoodDayToDie

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Common examples of "Other" storage include downloaded email (limit what you sync, or for how long) or data from social networks and apps (reinstalling an app will wipe its local data cache).

FWIW, if I was very unwise about what folders I synced, I could easily find myself downloading over 100MB of email/day... I'm on a lot of mailing lists, some of which are not shy about embedded images and big attachments.

Also, the Ativ S has a microSD card; it won't solve your growth-of-other-storage problem, but putting a microSD in there will at least allow you to continue syncing music, photos, video, podcasts, whatever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon