Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Please, Grozaman, can you point out how you perform this and give more details?
Have you deleted language files? What was the os version you were using before updating to Windows 10? etc.
You said too little or too much... :D

nauman73

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I ****** up :) Went ahead and installed it, lol. So now I'm on PfD .203 with 2424.14.9.3 and opted out of PfD and still doesn't get the new firmware. I know it doesn't brings anything new, but it bothers me why I can't get it.

Yes it does. It's cropped image, in live it crop the original 8MP to 6mp 16:9, it's not native, doesn't wide the range of view, you know what I want to say...
Yes it gets my phone too hot also. And it's buggy a lot, few times blocked my camera and had to restart phone to be able to use again.
Proshot does only 2mp 16:9

Just wondering how do you opt out of PfD? Is it via the Windows Phone Recovery Tool?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
English not my native language, so I give you details later.

Well, if you write it on your language but the proper official language, the Google Translate or Bing Translate will translate it better. You know what i mean. So write it down on your proper official language with full words, not shortcuts, and I will translate it for all here in a post :)

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The essence of the method is to use custom-firmware, which creates a swap file. Samsung preventing normal working custom-firmwares after GDR3 Update. These limitations can be simple passed by replacing files. After downloading ("Downloading Update..." and "Preparing to Update...") we can change files before clicking the Install button and only then start the installation. We should replase these files: CSCMgr.dll и CSCMgrSvc.dll. They are responsible for work or not work of customs. In the latest firmware update CSC uses AES-encryption. This again points to struggle with Samsung.

The procedure is as follows:
1. Download the clean CMJ1 using the latest SMD Downloader (3.5 or 3.47) + custom.
2. Download preparing (!) WP8.1 update, install this.
3. Now download update an WP8.1, but do not click Install! Connect our phone and replace files. Now you can install.
4. Download the latest update with new firmwate (2424.15.3.2), but again you sholdn't install this! Now you should again replace files.
5. The most diffucult part was finished. Now we should simply pretend Lumia and Install Windows 10.

This is all.

I tried to use very simple language constructions and words.

Last edited:

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Remarkable grozaman thank you! Are you a programmer? :) For me now it would be enough to have the update 14219.341 along with cortana in Italian ... I hope this new firmware is the preparation.

Luis_Oliveira

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on W10 too. followed the tutorials over the net (XDA e windowsmania.pl) and erased some languages of the phone. Later just edited the registry to fake a Lumia phone.
W10 seems litt?le too buggy (but is usable). Battery consuption is big.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for info and simple tutorial. I'll use your tutorial to install W10 when there is more stable and richer build. (assuming if Ativ S won't be supported)

Juned Syafitra

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm in ATO and today I received a new firmware update (Samsung Update). I can't believe Samsung is still supporting this incredible phone from 2012 having abandoned the Galaxy S3. Now I'm thinking there's a chance they will update it to W10. Very happy!

because Samsung Ativ S is the FIRST windows phone 8 device IN THE WORLD..... isn't it ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon