Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't, just trying. I've seen two methods:
Hosts file - look at XDA developers ([MOD] Ad blocker thread). Full FS needed.
App that changes Hosts file: look at XDA developers (xap-adblocker-windows-phone-8-x-). Needs Interop Unlock and all capabilities unlocked.

Information about how to do these things seems to be in a thread called '[XAP] [v1.2] Interop Unlock for Samsung WP8 phones (+W10M support)' and '[XAP][GUIDE] Interop Unlock for WP8 + all Capabilities', but Wolf's Interop Unlock doesn't seem to work on my SGH-T899M on Windows 10, I don't get the notification. Tried to overwrite the hosts file through Root Tool but it didn't work, I couldn't save the new file so I guess I didn't have the rights to do that. Because of that I'm stuck at the moment.

Thanks for answer and sorry for confusion, I forgot to quote Tourniquets post.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
You guys should install w10m .107 when you can. It's actually listed as a production release. When you get it installed, do a hard reset and then install the windows insider app and enroll without changing your phone model. You're gonna love what you see. ;)

I'm not going to spoil it. But I think you'll all be very happy. :D

So I went back to 8.1 upgraded to 107, reset the device and installed the windows insider app.... all i can see there now is the production ring ?!

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Oh sry. Didn't get that you meant me :grin:

With this settings:
Lumia 950
HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
"PhoneManufacturer"="MicrosoftMDG

Don't worry with the PhoneManufacturerModelName, No need to change it ;)

Moreover, for people who are already on WM10, no need to do all the procedure with CustomWP System or other Interop Unlock method to change the PhoneManufacturer key.
Just go to Paramaters/system/Developer and select "As developper mobile".
At this moment, you can install (from PC) RootTool.xap.
With this app, you'll be able to change easily the registry key (really faster than the other methods: just 2 steps!) ;)

Have a nice day!

Edit: For the moment, I found the 14267.1002 lower performing than the 10586.107.
It is as the 14267.1002 succeeds to the 63 or 71 one... The bug which need pushing 3 times the power button to run the screen come back...
For me, you should stay on 107 for the moment...

Last edited:

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
No more changing device settings after a hard reset. Windows insider app will allow any phone with wp10 sign up for production builds. :D

Mind you, you still can't sign up for fast or slow rings. Only full production ring. ;)

Not for me. I have a GT-I8750, updated it to .107 followed by a hard reset.
The only ring available for my device is the Production one.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Damn, after hard reset I lost phone,messaging, settings, store...one more hard reset and I lost start menu. :D
I'll try to restore back to 8.1.1 now.

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I am on .107 since a few days on my ATIV S and it's working fine. Except that since a few builds, I got some issues with Bluetooth. Bluetooth works, I can pair with other smartphones, computers, etc. but it doesn't work anymore with my bluetooth headphone. If someone experienced the same issue and know how to solve it...

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
my Ativ S is on 14267.1004 insider update.

I have noticed 2 bugs:
- the 1st one is a bug when you are writing an SMS or writing a review or reply on site/forum. The mobile suddently freezes before soft resetting.
- the 2nd one is really more boring.. When you want to use the mobile phone, you push the power button, but the mobile phone doesn't run, the screen stays blank. Finally, you have to push the power button for a long time to soft reset the mobile. This bug, if it happens during the night, disable your alarm clock... For 2 mornings, I haven't got it run...

I'm hesitating going back to 10586.107 which was, for me, the best update...

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Just updated from 8.1 to 10 for the first time, not sure if its initial issues or not but the battery life is absolutely atrocious, getting a fair bit of crashing of the store and Groove too.

kderh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded from 8.1 to the latest build 122 on my Samsung ATIV S via hack and apart from the store crashing all the time, I only have one problem so far:

When I play music (local MP3s via Groove App, latest update) and I press the next-track button on the volume-button overlay, the next track's name wiggles around for 1+ second and after this finally the music starts. Is this normal on the ATIV S?

Also, Groove Music has a blank icon on the app list (the live tile works fine)...

kderh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
No I haven't done a hard reset yet, apart from these small problems the rest seems to work OK... I also once read someone bricked their phone after a hard reset on WM10 but I can't find it anymore. Edit: It's in a thread a few lines down the list.

Edit2: Did a hard reset, now groove has an icon but the music playback is still busted with its slowness and wiggling around before the track starts. Man, MS is really the king of making a core feature like music playback worse with every version (7-8-8.1-and now 10).
Everything else still works like before so the hard reset didn't break anything. The back of the phone also still becomes a hot plate during normal usage which occured only in games on 8.1. Let's see how the battery runtime is, I'll downgrade to 8.1 if it's really bad

Last edited:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I spoke the truth. It was stuck, I had to enroll Slow Ring to get an update. As soon as it finishes I will enable Fast Ring again.

An Active S will NOT run 1004, hence you cant see it. Think of the fast ring as for the 950/950xl and the other new phones that came with Win 10 mobile ( currently anyway ). In the meantime you will only have slow and production rings. These are on .122 at the moment. I wouldn't bother with the fast ring at the moment, you'll be wasting your time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes