Anyone else have this issue on Windows phone 8.1? Basically is like the MIC doesn't engage when I open Cortana and talk to her while my headphones are plugged in. I've confirmed that if I use her to listen for what music is playing while a headphone is plugged in, she can identify it properly, but me speaking doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this? Used to work flawlessly on my ativ s.

Edit: I should have specified, it works as it should if my headphones are not plugged in.

Edit 2: I just used the app "hardware tests" to test the microphone while my headphones were plugged in. And it plays back through the headphone, was I spoke into the mic. Wonder if this issue only exists with Cortana.
    Last edited by Kevin Houle1; 12-07-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    12-07-2015 05:40 PM
    update: I've found that its got nothing to do with headsets. If I use my voice to send a new sms, it works and sends properly using only my voice. If I receive an sms however, the microphone does not seem to engage. This is the same if I don't use a headset and set it to read sms always. Here's basically how it goes:
    Cortana: You've received a new text message from Paul, would you like to read it, or ignore it?
    BEEP (mic on)
    Me: Read it.
    *3 second delay*
    BEEP (mic off)

At that point, it continues playing whatever audio was playing before, or doesn't do anything if no audio was playing before.

Would really appreciate any ideas on this, if anyone has any. :)
    12-09-2015 12:18 PM
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but this feature has been fixed in wm10.
    02-20-2016 09:18 AM
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but this feature has been fixed in wm10.

Nevermind. Came back after a couple of days. Oh well. Guess I use Bluetooth instead.
    02-23-2016 10:13 AM
    I noticed that this has been happening to me recently as well. It used to work fine, I could talk to Cortana when my headphones were plugged in, now she can't hear me... Hopefully mine fixes itself as well.
    R0leM0del likes this.
    02-27-2016 12:04 PM
    I noticed that this has been happening to me recently as well. It used to work fine, I could talk to Cortana when my headphones were plugged in, now she can't hear me... Hopefully mine fixes itself as well.

Good. I'm not the only one. I did notice if I use headphones with a built in mic that it does work. My old ativ S worked regardless of what headphones were plugged in.
    02-27-2016 05:02 PM