Thankful for my Focus S....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After 4 exchanges of my Wife's Titan for just endless problems, my Sons and my Daughters constant lagging and freezing of their Androids (Sony Play and Samsung Captivate Glide), and helping my buddy try to keep his BlackBerry alive a little longer and helping his wife with her LG Revolution with it's constant lags and death on batteries, all the launch problems with the Nokia 900 as well as the disappointment with their camera, and the rather dull experinces I have had with the iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 while helping 2 of my coworkers set up or optimize their devices, I just sit back, pop on "tune in" radio, or listen to my Zune selections, or play my lag free games, enjoy my vibrant screen, make crystal clear calls to my family down South, enjoy my Tango updated keyboard and wonder how I got so lucky.

Samsung, just a little fan mail kicking your way. WP on your device is the beat all end all. Please give me a reason to stay with you on WP 8. I am all in.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Still enjoying my original pre-launch L900. Just sayin.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
Yeah, Yeah.... Stinking Nokia owners... Trolling my Samsung cheerleader post....

Okay, so maybe I didn't mention all the fixes Nokia rolled out, but dang it, it was my post.

(You do know the above was in good humor, right Nokia fans?)

Just like my "S". Don't think people appreciate how good of a WP 7 it is. I know Nokia is the lifeblood and future of WP, but Sammy can do high end devices like few can.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The Focus S is for sure in the top 2 WP's. I have my T2 and THE Focus S I switch between the two almost daily. I have the real deal Tango on my S (Zune trick) and I just installed the .cab version of Tango on my T2. THE Focus S is the most overlooked WP device IMHO

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do wish either Sammy had done something to make it stand out (more memory, maybe 32 gigs) or had priced it to sell. It is way too good of a phone to not stand out. Also, a variant on T-Mo would have been a monster success. It would have sung on there 4G, and with their LTE rollout a year away, it would have stood the test of time.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
After 4 exchanges of my Wife's Titan for just endless problems, my Sons and my Daughters constant lagging and freezing of their Androids (Sony Play and Samsung Captivate Glide), and helping my buddy try to keep his BlackBerry alive a little longer and helping his wife with her LG Revolution with it's constant lags and death on batteries, all the launch problems with the Nokia 900 as well as the disappointment with their camera, and the rather dull experinces I have had with the iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 while helping 2 of my coworkers set up or optimize their devices, I just sit back, pop on "tune in" radio, or listen to my Zune selections, or play my lag free games, enjoy my vibrant screen, make crystal clear calls to my family down South, enjoy my Tango updated keyboard and wonder how I got so lucky.

Samsung, just a little fan mail kicking your way. WP on your device is the beat all end all. Please give me a reason to stay with you on WP 8. I am all in.
I couldnt agree more, The Focus S has been an absolute dream and Ill be eyeing what Samsung has in store for us over any other OEM. My wife and I both have Focus S's and we couldnt live without em!! Aside from some paint coming off the camera bezel(only had this puppy in a case for a few weeks), my phone still looks just as stunning as it did when I got it. If this device was advertised, Im pretty sure it would have sold, but you know, having such a killer device that hardly anyone knows about makes me feel pretty cool. It takes amazing pics, like you stated, everything runs lag free, and it has this brilliant super amoled plus screen. If its turned on high(brightness), even in direct sunlight its gorgeous!! I am so glad I picked this up over the Titan, which was my original choice. The Sammy fits sooo good in my hands, so light and sleek, and it turns heads everytime I use it. Im glad Nokia fans have their 900, but for me, The Focus S is the device to own.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am so glad I picked this up over the Titan, which was my original choice. The Sammy fits sooo good in my hands, so light and sleek, and it turns heads everytime I use it.

Boy, I am with you there Dave. I was excited about the Titan. My wife and I spent a couple of hours at an AT&T store, and I was so sure walking in I was a HTC man, but I walked out a Samsung admirer. The "S" just seemed to perform better in loading up screens and responding to commands.

Since we have had so many problems with my Wife's Titan (recently got the Titan 2 through warranty after throwing a very polite hissy fit), I can't imagine life without the Focus S.

And I get lots of compliments and questions on my WP as well. Verizon is the big provider where I live, so I am hoping WP 8 on Big Red will get some looks from my circle of friends when it becomes available.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Boy, I am with you there Dave. I was excited about the Titan. My wife and I spent a couple of hours at an AT&T store, and I was so sure walking in I was a HTC man, but I walked out a Samsung admirer. The "S" just seemed to perform better in loading up screens and responding to commands.

Since we have had so many problems with my Wife's Titan (recently got the Titan 2 through warranty after throwing a very polite hissy fit), I can't imagine life without the Focus S.

And I get lots of compliments and questions on my WP as well. Verizon is the big provider where I live, so I am hoping WP 8 on Big Red will get some looks from my circle of friends when it becomes available.
We got our first look at these devices at a windows phone inner circle party at the Hard Rock and like you, i was CERTAIN I was a Titan guy. I loved the panoramic feature, the build felt solid, and I thought I wanted that big of a screen too. But my wife was soo drawn to the Focus S, she said proudly that when they were released, that was THE device she wanted. It was "perfect" in every way, size, sleekness, and it was smoother as well.(scrolling, pinch to zoom, etc) So after about a month, when I was finally ready to jump from Verizon to ATT, I kept thinking back to the inner circle party and I just couldnt stop thinking about the Focus S. I realized that my wife was right, it was perfect in every way and it was THE device to get. So we got em and we havent looked back since. My Focus S gets some serious use, and its been bulletproof in every way. I couldnt have hoped for a better device and Samsung has definately earned my respect. Cant wait to see what they have in store for wp8, but seriously, Im gonna find it really hard to part with mine. I really love everything about it!!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the focus s a non LTE phone? This could be a reason its being overlooked. Its the reason by wife didn't buy it. ATT LTE network is decent as of now and is expanding. In my area in VA and DC, we have LTE. Sooooo, yeah something to think about.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Correct Focus, Focus S and Focus Flash do not have LTE only 3g/HSPA(fake 4g)..Which is fine if you live in area with No LTE and will not have it for a long time..

I love my Focus S little brother the Flash, Thanks Sammy for making a great phone..And thanks SnowMutt for the thread

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the focus s a non LTE phone? This could be a reason its being overlooked. Its the reason by wife didn't buy it. ATT LTE network is decent as of now and is expanding. In my area in VA and DC, we have LTE. Sooooo, yeah something to think about.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
Yeah, as AT&T pushes their LTE it makes sense the "S" and the Flash would get pushed aside in the offerings. But from November until now I would have liked to see more of a push.

And I really enjoy the Flash as well, Corepc. WP is actually fairly popular among my Daughters friends, and one of her best buddies got a Flash about two months ago. I actually really like the physical home button for reasons I can't really explain. It's just kinda nice to get a little feedback to a push.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I would have loved a Focus S but could not afford it off contract. The bigger Screen and hd in particular.

The flash I loved how it feels with it metal back in hand, has weight, does not feel plasticky like the other sammy's..

I would love if Sammy used the Flash Design for a W8P but made it bigger with 4" Screen. I would buy it.

What is strange is that if you go one AT&T site, you can find the Flash still for home..But not the Focus S unless you look under business.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I stand corrected they have the Focus S once again..Just checked..AT&T Must be trying to get rid of stock..was out of stock not to long ago..

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Have had the Focus S for a week now ... looks like the Lumia 900 will go up on eBay now.

Loved the "look" of the Lumia 900... like a piece of art. The way the screen (which is gorgeous!) seems to just float above the polycarbonate shell. But in the hand... not so good. The 4 buttons all on the same/right side was driving me crazy! Just too close together.

Never expected a Samsung so be so smooth, fast, great feeling in the hand ... loving it!!!

/BD :cool:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If Samsung puts the effort into WP8 they have in the Galaxy S3 they should put out some impressive products.
Would love it if Sammy put out one device designed only for WP 8. I know the GS 3 is near sacred in the mobile world, but if the designers that maximized the Android experience really dedicated themselves to a device that optimized the experience on the UI formally known as Metro I bet something really special would come out of it.

But if rebranding any Android device would be a great WP, I would take a GS 3 over a HTC One X any day.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
But if rebranding any Android device would be a great WP, I would take a GS 3 over a HTC One X any day.

While the S3 is actually pretty nice when you hold it in the hand (it looked terrible IMO when the first pictures came out) I much prefer the design of the One X. It very much reminds me of the Lumia and is for me by far the most beautiful Android phone out right now. But to each their own, they are both nice phones and I'm looking forward to what they come up with for WP8. I really hope though that Samsung doesn't just recycle the Galaxy design again as they did with the S2/Focus S.

I'm curious though, why do you prefer the S3 over the One X?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon