Windows Live contact list question...

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using a Samsung Omnia II on Verizon, and when I sync it with my computer, it doesn't sync my contacts to Outlook. I was worried about losing my contacts, and I saw that I could sync with Windows Live on the phone. It says that I am syncing successfully, but I have no idea where these contacts go. I go to Windows Live website, they aren't listed under contacts.

Any ideas on how to get to the contacts to sync on the computer or on Windows Live website?

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I have everything set to sync contacts (windows live), but the contacts on my phone are not showing up in my contact list in windows live.

I'm planning on flashing mango but want to backup my contacts first. Help!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
To get your contacts on your Windows Live email account you need to set your Windows live account up as an outlook email account in your email settings. Use m.hotmail.com as the server leave the domain blank. The settings you are using in contacts go to a service that Microsoft has discontinued.

Mango is for Windows Phone 7 devices

If you have any trouble setting up the outlook account in your email just let me know I will see it I can find Microsoft's How To and link you to it.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks D5 - I tried what you said but keep getting an error when I try to set the account up. The first screen doesn't show server, so I have to sign in, which gives me an error and an option for "advanced" setup - there I can add in the server, but it won't let me proceed without entering a domain.

Any ideas? I tried searching google but no luck.

--- EDIT ---

I got it to work, I forgot to delete my original windows live account from the phone first. However, I'm still not seeing my contacts in windows live. what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks again,
M

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon