TV remote

ClashAider

Sep 10, 2005
Visit site
Thinking of dumping Palm OS, but total noob to WM.

Noticed on the i830 advertises a universal remote. Loved this on my old Palm m505 and Kyo 7135. Have missed it on Treos.

How well does it work?

Is this a Samsung thing or on all WM?

Thanks.

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
Thinking of dumping Palm OS, but total noob to WM.

Noticed on the i830 advertises a universal remote. Loved this on my old Palm m505 and Kyo 7135. Have missed it on Treos.

How well does it work?

Is this a Samsung thing or on all WM?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that it was just some software that was included on that specific phone. I'd be very surprised if it was in the i760.

but the sch-i760 is supposed to have an IR port, so vito remote should work:

http://vitotechnology.com/en/products/remote.html

ClashAider

Sep 10, 2005
Visit site
I checked the i730 manual on Samsung's site and it also included the remote software.

My question is, regardless of software, if the IR is strong enough to make it work. I can get software for my Treo650, but the range is pathetic. I figured if Sammy was including the software that it'd be a good indication that the IR had the range to make it worth it.

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
I checked the i730 manual on Samsung's site and it also included the remote software.

My question is, regardless of software, if the IR is strong enough to make it work. I can get software for my Treo650, but the range is pathetic. I figured if Sammy was including the software that it'd be a good indication that the IR had the range to make it worth it.

I really hope you're right!

JKib

Jul 27, 2005
Visit site
Well, from what I've read, it seems the i760 won't even have an IR port.

What a shame. I used the remote daily on my older Palms and Kyocera 7135. On Treos it was worthlessly weak. I was hoping to get it back with WM, but it seems to be a dead function.

The Phenom

Sep 16, 2007
Visit site
The universal remote is awesome on the ip830w. I am having a hard time living without that feature.
The i760 will not have the same program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon