With Nokia pumping out new WP8 handsets (seemingly on a weekly basis), the "Windows Phone Devices" section (and the forum section list itself) is now getting rather long.

I was thinking that it might be an idea to split this section into three sections:-

• Windows Phone 8 Devices
    • Windows Phone 7 Devices
    • Other

The "Other" section can contain the upcoming phones/rumours, other makes, and phone wars.

Users should then be able to collapse the sections they don't need to see (for me, it would be the Windows Phone 7 section)
    07-17-2013 08:35 AM
    If you want to see long, go look at the AC forum list!
    11B1P likes this.
    07-17-2013 09:32 AM
    If you want to see long, go look at the AC forum list!
    lol that's true!
    07-17-2013 09:43 AM
    With Nokia pumping out new WP8 handsets (seemingly on a weekly basis), the "Windows Phone Devices" section (and the forum section list itself) is now getting rather long.

I was thinking that it might be an idea to split this section into three sections:-

• Windows Phone 8 Devices
    • Windows Phone 7 Devices
    • Other

The "Other" section can contain the upcoming phones/rumours, other makes, and phone wars.

Users should then be able to collapse the sections they don't need to see (for me, it would be the Windows Phone 7 section)
    I do like the idea of simplifying, but I think It's important that 'hot' devices be found immediately on the home page. Burying them a level within a new forum is bad.

In the end, I think we'll get a feel/know when a device list is too long... but honestly the fact that new flagship devices keep coming out is simply awesome for Windows Phone. It's an excellent problem for us to have... I just hate to bury the hot devices into a forum. Once we reach AC's level of forum madness (check it out) then we should re-convene. :)
    Muessig likes this.
    07-17-2013 09:48 AM
    Maybe a compromise of the two. Keep your hot phones listed as they are, but consolidate the other forums?
    07-17-2013 09:55 AM
    I see your point James, I think maybe you misunderstood what I meant by "split".

I was thinking about having another top-level group (green banner) for Windows Phone 8 Devices. This would allow people who have "moved on" from Windows Phone 7 to collapse that section.

No burying was intended....

A by-product of this would be to allow the contents of "Other Windows Phones" to be split as well (currently, the HTC 8S is lumped in together with Windows Phone 7 devices like the Samsung Focus, Omnia 7, etc)
    07-17-2013 10:35 AM
    I will upload a screenshot of my interpretation once I get home James. I think I understand what he means.
    Pete likes this.
    07-17-2013 10:43 AM
    I see your point James, I think maybe you misunderstood what I meant by "split".

I was thinking about having another top-level group (green banner) for Windows Phone 8 Devices. This would allow people who have "moved on" from Windows Phone 7 to collapse that section.

No burying was intended....

A by-product of this would be to allow the contents of "Other Windows Phones" to be split as well (currently, the HTC 8S is lumped in together with Windows Phone 7 devices like the Samsung Focus, Omnia 7, etc)
    I see exactly what you mean... am just wondering if we had a Windows Phone 8 Devices and Windows Phone 7 Devices (or older) that might actually make the homepage LONGER!? :)
    07-18-2013 09:12 AM
    Of course. But it would make the Windows Phone 7 section (and Windows Phone 8 for that matter) sections collapsible.

This would allow forum users to have a list of sections that are relevant to them and hide sections that they don't need to read..
    07-18-2013 04:33 PM
    Yeah some of the forums need consolidating particularly the Lumia devices. For instance, the 520 and 521 are near identical, and you could probably throw in the 620 there as one forum too.
    07-23-2013 11:12 AM
    Wondered what had changed on the forum, come home and now have Nokia Lumia , Samsung, HTC, Device Section.

Working fine in WPCentral App has well.

Thanks keep up the good work WPCentral Crew
    09-04-2013 05:20 PM
    Digging the change!
    09-04-2013 07:53 PM
    Yep, made some changes yesterday morning. Should help clean things up a bit, plus, on the new mobile template it helps too.

Enjoy!
    HeyCori likes this.
    09-05-2013 09:28 AM