Hell-o! We have a problem Houston!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi You have a problem Huston. I'm getting this little circling thing and it's really annoying! Please fix this!:wink:
Surely you aren't going to blame me for this. LMAO

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 14

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Good morning! It's still spinning. I'm able to move around the forum, post and complete other actions. Anyone else have this issue. It just started last night!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi friend! I tried to make a PSR. You can see some times it works like it's supposed to and some times it hangs with the spinning wheel. I hope this helps! Thanks for helping me. It's not a huge deal, just annoying!

Attachments

• spinning wheel.zip
    614.1 KB · Views: 9

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Is your system time and date correct?
Hi friend! Yes its correct. Here's some more information. When I click on a forum, all is cool. When i click on a post in the forum, the spinning wheel starts and never stops. I don't remember it doing that.:wink: To me, it looks like it's loading. It will finally stop, but it spins for several minutes! While typing this reply, the spinner finally stopped. It now has the Windows Central icon instead of the spinner. I hope this is making sense.
Thanks for helping!:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I logged on with IE and I'm not having the issue. Has to be Firefox. :wink:
I don't like IE, but we know it's not the sites issue!
Thanks everyone. You are appreciated! Here's the problem, but at this moment I don't have a clue. If I click on the x the spinner stops.
This is a problem for you smart people. It will finally stop on it's own after a couple of minutes. Seems to me like it's down loading.

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Are you sick of me yet? I'm trying to figure this out and it ain't easy. We all know that Microsoft is smarter then us old country folks. We aren't smart enough to know which updates we don't want. Here's my theory. Microsoft up dated my Firefox and I'm thinking that's when this all started. Am I crazy? Don't answer that.:wink:
What does this tell you?? I'm thinking Microsoft is going a little to far! Surely they have smart people that will fix all this. LMAO Really this is starting to scare this old country boy! Did Firefox update or did Microsoft update?

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 6

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello Sports fans. Here's the bottom line. I have been to Hell and back. I have one friend and that is Macrium Refect.. I tried to restore to a earlier time. That locked up my PC. All the windows restore options suck. I'm so glad I had a back up image that I was able to restore to. It's been a long night and I'm really tired. Once again Macrium Reflect saved my ***. All is well in Okie land and with a few updates, this old country boy will be back up and running just like none of this xxxx ever happened. I'll see you all on the forum tomorrow. Good night special friends!:wink: It's really hard to get this old country boy down, so bring it on Microsoft.:wink:
PS no more spinners! Yea!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@holdum - glad the 'spinners' have stopped for you. If you experience again, let me know what you do to create the problem (along with browser/OS details) and I'll take a look.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
@holdum - glad the 'spinners' have stopped for you. If you experience again, let me know what you do to create the problem (along with browser/OS details) and I'll take a look.
Thank you my friend! After using Macrium, I used the MCT to do a in-place upgrade. It seemed to work. Took for ever, but I think I'm back to normal again.
Will wait and see what happens. You are much appreciated! Thank you!:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I give up! The Spinner is back. It's only in Firefox. IE works fine. I have uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. It works normally for a while. Not really causing any problem. Just annoying! I just don't understand why it's loading the page?
The only way I can stop it is clicking on the X

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I really would like to solve this. I don't give up easily. I'm a 12 year cancer survivor, so give up is not in my vocabulary. I do not have this problem on other help forums and it just started happening here. No problems (spinners) on this help forum! No spinners here!:shocked:
PS the spinners happen when I try to move around in the forum. Example going from 'Ask A Question' to 'Windows 10'. It's really crazy and only happens here on this forum. I have done a lot of research on this. I'm thinking I need to get a real life.:shocked: I'm always up for a challenge.:confused: You want a challenge; figure why this happens here and not on other forums.:smile:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello Huston. No more spinners.:smile: I don't have a clue, but no more spinners today. Yea All is cool and working great again!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
You're welcome. I'm a happy camper! I wish I could tell you what fixed the issue, but I honestly don't have a clue! Thanks for caring and thanks for your replies!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 42

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi For everyone following this thread, I have just discovered that if I log off and back on, the spinner problem goes away. This makes me think it's possibly a site problem. I can't prove that, but it seems possible. I don't have this problem on other help forums. It's very strange, to say the least!:wink: Could it be a problem with the server; but why am I the only member having this problem?????

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry it's no big deal here...

MN is ad heavy.
The spinning thing happens at times here on my desktop even with host blocking.
If you have a slower internet connection this may happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon