Time zones are wrong!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
The times are all screwed up. Site is showing 6AM. It's 12AM. In Oklahoma!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > General Settings

Capture01.png

Scroll down to Date & Time Options and Right Click the link to Update your time zone in your Passport Profile... Open in a new tab...

Capture02.png

In Passport, scroll down to the Time Zone settings, change the Time Zone to anything else, click Save Changes

passport time zone.png

Back on the General Settings tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes

save changes.png

Go back to Passport, change the Time Zone to the correct one, Save Changes.

Return to General Settings, Save Changes.

This happens from time to time (no pun intended) and for me it seems to happen when clearing cookies and cache in my browser. It is an annoyance, but easily overcome.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend been there and done that!:smile: Will check it again! Thanks for your reply!
Is this not right? It's 9:09 AM in Oklahoma. Showing 3:06 PM here on the forum!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 4

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @Rumored! The 4th time changing the settings finally worked. Thanks for your reply. This time I changed it to a different zone and saved it. Then I went back to Central and saved it. All is well in Okie land now and I'm a happy camper! Have no clue why it messed up, or how I got it working again.
You are appreciated!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
All is good in Okie land. I have no idea how the time zone got off, or how long it was wrong. I doubt if it was off for very long. I stay on top of things like that. I watch the time in Stream so I can tell when my friend from India will log on. 11:30 hours difference. PM here. AM there!:grin:
All is good now. Are we still having fun!:wink: almost 6:00 AM in India!:wink: Almost 6:30 PM in Oklahoma!
I think I got that right LMAO!

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I've done exactly as you described and I'm getting the wrong time here on the US east coast (it reads 6am despite being 1am).

Something is wrong with the forum software I'm betting. This is the one and only forum I've used where this has been an issue. On all others changing/setting time zone and saving works every time.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I've done exactly as you described and I'm getting the wrong time here on the US east coast (it reads 6am despite being 1am).

Something is wrong with the forum software I'm betting. This is the one and only forum I've used where this has been an issue. On all others changing/setting time zone and saving works every time.
Hi friend ! Did you try my suggestion in Post #8?? You will have to click on Passport Profile. Then you will have to click save and then save again.
I know it's APITA. That's how I had to do it. Nothing is easy here on Windows Central! LMAO! You have to save the setting twice. If you need more help, let me know!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi you all! I don't mean to be hard on Windows Central. I only want to help here and make a good hand . James is doing a good job. I'm sure he will work with you if your just patient . Post your beef here and give James a little time to fix your gripe. He has worked with me and that ain't easy.:wink:
Thanks James! You are appreciated!

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi friend ! Did you try my suggestion in Post #8?? You will have to click on Passport Profile. Then you will have to click save and then save again.
I know it's APITA. That's how I had to do it. Nothing is easy here on Windows Central! LMAO! You have to save the setting twice. If you need more help, let me know!

Yes, as I said that's what I tried, about four-five times, and it's still off.

This post for example reads "05:22 PM" when in fact it is 12:22 PM here on the east coast.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi friend! After you click on Passport and choose your time zone, you have to save it. Wait a few seconds and you'll get another window. You have to save it there also.
You have to save your setting twice. Why?? I have no clue! Give this a try and let me know!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 1

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
IDK! Try choosing another time zone and see it the time changes. If it does then go back to the East Coast time zone. I'm thinking there is a bug in the option.
It took me several times to get it to show Central. Maybe staff will have a comment??

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
IDK! Try choosing another time zone and see it the time changes. If it does then go back to the East Coast time zone. I'm thinking there is a bug in the option.
It took me several times to get it to show Central. Maybe staff will have a comment?? Some thing is wrong! It shouldn't be that hard to get the right time zone!