ChevronWP7 on XP SP3, registry edited, still nothing?

TheAngelOfElysium

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So I'm rocking XP SP3 at the moment, but I want to jailbreak the phone. So I downloaded ChevronWP7, and it gave me the error "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the phone, please make sure it is connected by USB and the Zune software is running.". So I found out the registry needed to be edited. Since the .reg file has been taken down, I did it manually. Now I can load up the main ChevronWP7 main window, but when I tick the two boxes and hit "Unlock", I get the same error.

Is there a solution to this? Or do I just need to upgrade to 7?

EDIT: So I guess I need to de-NoDo my device? Well crap, that's going to be a challenge.

Last edited:

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yah, there is currently no way to unlock it (without paying for dev unlock / having some sort of student access) with NoDo.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Correct. The dev unlock costs $99 but you can unlock 3 devices, so if you know 2 other users, $33 each. Btw, do you have a pre-nodo backup in Zune. If you updated using an official method and didn't push the security update yet, it should be there.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

TheAngelOfElysium

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Correct. The dev unlock costs $99 but you can unlock 3 devices, so if you know 2 other users, $33 each. Btw, do you have a pre-nodo backup in Zune. If you updated using an official method and didn't push the security update yet, it should be there.

I haven't been pushed the security update yet, I'm still rocking 7390 or whatever number NoDo is (it's 6AM give me a break). I don't currently have access to that particular computer, but I will on Sunday afternoon. However, as far as I could tell, it did not have a way for me to restore back to 7004 or 7008.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been pushed the security update yet, I'm still rocking 7390 or whatever number NoDo is (it's 6AM give me a break). I don't currently have access to that particular computer, but I will on Sunday afternoon. However, as far as I could tell, it did not have a way for me to restore back to 7004 or 7008.

Yah unfortunately once you are on NoDo I believe you are stuck. I never was able to find out a way for people to revert back to a ROM they could unlock after that.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yah unfortunately once you are on NoDo I believe you are stuck. I never was able to find out a way for people to revert back to a ROM they could unlock after that.
Hmm, each time I connect to Zune to check for 7392, it tells me I am up to date, but there is a message on the screen indicating that I can go back to the last restore point with a button to do it. Not going to try, but I assume that would take me from 7390 back to 7008. What else would it do.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, each time I connect to Zune to check for 7392, it tells me I am up to date, but there is a message on the screen indicating that I can go back to the last restore point with a button to do it. Not going to try, but I assume that would take me from 7390 back to 7008. What else would it do.

It will take you back to the last version before your most recent update. Now whether or not you can unlock after having NoDo on there in the first place I'm not 100% certain. It should work....but I swear I couldn't on my friends phone. Maybe there was something else keeping it from working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos