I have an interesting issue. My app has a favorite Icon. Its actually two icons of a star that is either filled in yellow, or empty. The icon alternates accordingly when you press it with your finger.

The issue I am running into is that there are times, usually after the app has been running for a while, the Star Icon becomes unresponsive. The coding in the background actually triggers, but the image does not display. I figure it is a time-out issue that affects the display, but I don't know how to resolve it.

This is a Windows phone 8.1 app run in C#, XAML and uses SQLite for data storage. I did not personally develop the app as I am a complete novice to Windows Phone programming. I do have some experience with C# and visual basic however. I am just trying to resolve the little bugs I see. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-27-2015 01:23 PM
    Is this button part of an app bar? I have a similar problem with the buttons on my app bar.
    05-29-2015 10:59 AM
    It turned out out the problem was that I was deploying my code in Debug mode. In Debug mode, if you turn away from your app and it goes into a suspended state, it doesn't automatically resume the way you would expect. You have to test that feature out separately in Visual Studio. I just needed to switch to Design mode and deploy the app to my phone and it worked just fine.
    05-29-2015 03:56 PM
    It was a gridview selection. Not on the App bar. Either way the issue resolved itself. The code was fine, I just had to switch to design mode. The Debugger doesn't handle the Suspend/Resume the way you would expect in Visual Studio 2013
    05-29-2015 04:00 PM