Design your own Laptop worthy of the Surface Line

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
After a decade of staid and boring computer designs ,the surface line was created to wake up OEMs and push the aesthetic and functional boundaries of windows PCs, laptops, and tablets. With the things lenovo, hp, dell, and etc have done since then I would surmise the plan was successful.

We had the surface pros lead the way for current detachable form-factors. Even Apple joining the fray by bundling a keyboard on an iPad, clipping "pro" on the name, and calling it a detachable PC. Surface book and the Surface Studio were similarly awe inspiring.

Personally , the surface laptop though a great laptop, feels .... iterative. For me, it does not push the boundaries of the traditional laptop form factor but instead refines it. That's not bad but In my heart it's not a surface laptop. It has the luxurious alcantara fabric, the incredible pixel-sense screen, the long 14-hour battery life but that makes it the best laptop, not a game-changer worthy of the Surface line.

If you were given carte blanche to design your own surface laptop, what would it be.
(traditional clamshell only , not detachable, not swivel-type or folding)

-----------------------

I'll start. I'll replace the keyboard with a colored epaper one. Not a touch strip, something similar to lenovo yoga book's halo keyboard but instead of permanently assigned keys, it's a infinitely configurable context-sensitive touch epaper screen. it can be a keyboard or something else as it would be contextually aware. Force touch feedback so it feels like you're typing on physical keys.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. the only revision i would like is a larger screen. i currently own a macbook pro from 2012 that is 15 inches diagonal. im used to typing and doing work on the larger screen size so although it's only an about 2 inch difference, even that difference matters to me.

zlat

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I would like to add dual micro SD ports to allow for some control on expanding and changing storage needs as well as an additional a Type C port on top of the current USB

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Add at least a micro sd card slot for expandable storage. I would like to see a built in pen slot that fits their pen but I can see how that would mess with form factor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes