Surface laptop yay or nay

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I think the Laptop is gorgeous, and it will undoubtedly be a fantastic device. I understand why so many Surface fans are disappointed with this move, but I truly feel a lot of people are going to see the Surface Laptop and are going to buy it, because at the end of the day it's a fantastic laptop (probably). I would love to own one. I mean, I'd prefer the new Pro, as I currently own a Pro 4, but I wouldn't hesitate to use the Laptop each and every day for writing and computer programming (once I upgraded to Pro).

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. i hope so. the burgundy surface laptop is one of the most beautiful laptops ive ever seen. the downer is it only comes in one configuration, so i cant get a 512 gb drive and im sure that will affect some people's decisions.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I think they are going to sell a lot of those. The ads they make are gorgeous and the products are gorgeous as well - just look at the design, and the power of those products. They have everything an average student would need. Hopefully the OS situation won't be too confusing for consumers.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I think they are going to sell a lot of those. The ads they make are gorgeous and the products are gorgeous as well - just look at the design, and the power of those products. They have everything an average student would need. Hopefully the OS situation won't be too confusing for consumers.

kaktus i agree with you. the marketing done for the surface lineup is top notch. i remember watching the surface studio reveal and getting goosebumps, and i cant recall a company doing that to me in the past. if you really do your research then you would know the electronics and buy what you think fits your needs, but to a typical consumer those kinds of things just get confusing (ssd? 802.11 ac? ambient light sensor? what???). the key points of the products are showcased beautifully in the ads (in the case of the surface laptop, the colors, alcantara fabric, sleek design, etc.) and to a typical consumer who wouldnt put in the research to find a computer, as long as its the current model of the product id say those things matter more than the electronics powering it all.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it will abosolutely work. It competes well with everything else in its space.

johnny i agree. like everything, there are compromises as one company may prioritize something over another but the surface laptop does compete well with other products. the dell xps 15 inch is an example ( XPS 15 9560 High Performance Laptop with InfinityEdge Display | Dell United States ). the lowest model of the xps 15 starts at $999 or exactly the same as the lowest model surface laptop, but the dell has 8 gb of ram, a higher capacity 7200 rpm hard drive + a 32 gb ssd, more ports, sd reader, etc.. however, the surface laptop has a better processor, touch, multiple color varieties, slimmer profile, windows 10 s that can be upgraded to windows 10 pro for free until the end of the year, 1 year free office 365 personal, etc.. its really just a matter of prioritizing needs/wants then choosing what product fits based off of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes