1.1 UPDATE - [WP APP] AeroRadar, the advanced weather radar app with 30 different overlays!

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
aerorad.PNG

Update 1.1 has launched! It includes a bunch of new layers, a new icon, and features allowing developers to integrate into AeroRadar. For a full changelog, visit appfinity.net! If you're a developer interested in our integration features: Click Here

Introducing AeroRadar by Appfinity, the only way to view HD, Newsroom-Quality weather radar on your phone. With 30+ high quality layers, animated radar which can be viewed from the past 4, 8, and 12 hours, and pro features such as custom tileserver support (Quadkey and XYZ), AeroRadar is the most advanced way to see what is coming your way. Even Better, it's created by Appfinity, the creators of Atmosphere - a top Windows Phone weather app!

Features
  • Advanced Animations
  • 30+ Layers
  • Custom Tileservers
  • Radar displays type of precipitation - Rain, Snow, or Mix
  • "3D" View shows the storm at an angle
  • Change map type - Terrain, Hybrid, Road, etc.
  • And more!
Available Layers
  • Animated Radar
  • Today's Expected Precip
  • Severe Weather Alerts
  • Past Total Precip
  • Past Total Snow
  • Day By Day Precip
  • Accumulating Precip
  • Cloud Cover
  • Water Vapor
  • Temp Map
  • Avg Wind Speeds
  • Fronts
  • FFG
  • Flood Zones
  • Drought
  • Forest Fire
  • Custom Layer
  • And more (3 Options for some layers)
Screenshots
SSCol.jpg

Pro Version
While most AeroRadar features are available for free, the following features can be unlocked for 0.99:
  • 6, 12 Hour Animations
  • More layers and layer options
  • Custom tileservers
Download
AeroRadar is available for download from the Windows Phone store here for 0.99: AeroRadar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Follow Appfinity
For the latest updates, releases, and news, follow us on Twitter! By following us, you will learn about Appfinity's latest projects before they are announced to the public.

Last edited:

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: AeroRadar - Newsroom-Quality Weather Radar on Your Phone!

AeroRadar has passed certification. It will be officially released tomorrow.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: NEWLY LAUNCHED - AeroRadar, the most advanced way to see what is coming your way!

Got it! Great app. Thanks.
Is there a settings menu in the app to set location?

There is a settings screen (The "map" button), but it does not allow you to set location.

There would be such an option if the app tracked, or had a reasonable use for, your location. While knowing the user's location would be, of course, a great way to center the map on the user, it would have the following drawbacks:
- I would have to declare that I track and use your location, which would trigger a "do you allow this app to track your location" prompt.
- App would take longer to initialize because location service isn't instant

While I will absolutely consider implementing this feature in a future update, I didn't believe it was a necessary use of development time for the initial release. If there's enough user feedback to prove me otherwise, then i'll implement this feature.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEWLY LAUNCHED - AeroRadar, the most advanced way to see what is coming your way!

There is a settings screen (The "map" button), but it does not allow you to set location.

There would be such an option if the app tracked, or had a reasonable use for, your location. While knowing the user's location would be, of course, a great way to center the map on the user, it would have the following drawbacks:
- I would have to declare that I track and use your location, which would trigger a "do you allow this app to track your location" prompt.
- App would take longer to initialize because location service isn't instant

While I will absolutely consider implementing this feature in a future update, I didn't believe it was a necessary use of development time for the initial release. If there's enough user feedback to prove me otherwise, then i'll implement this feature.

The app is fine as is. I was just curious. Your logic about not including that feature is sound. I have no problem finding my area on the map. :)
Very satisfied. Thanks for the reply.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: 1.1 UPDATE - AeroRadar, the most advanced way to see what is coming your way!

Update 1.1 is live! Changelog is available at appfinity.net - this is 'part one' of a larger, two-part update which will include an update to Atmosphere, my flagship weather app. Also figured it would be worthwhile to resurrect this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro