2500mAh battery for Lumia 820!

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Aren't there only 1800 mAh and 3600 mAh variants? I haven't seen 2500 mAh battery for 820 on their site.
EDIT:
Oh I mistook MPJ for Mugen Power Batteries for some reason. MPJ looks scam-like, MPB looks more realistic.

Last edited:

avlad

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I used this battery for 2 months and it isn't better than stock one. Maybe on par but for the price is making a good spear one.

Sent from my Nokia 820 using Tapatalk

DNO36

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Greetings all....I think I am going to take one for the team here.
I cannot believe somebody somewhere who has ever used a lithium battery does not have an I-Max B6 battery testing unit..... I have one I use for my LED light batteries. The I-max is quite accurate.
I have ordered this MPJ 2500 battery for my Lumia and when I receive it I shall post results from my stock 1-year old battery and the new MPJ.
My tester is able to do a full discharge voltage and capacity for any battery, and is a very handy tool to see if any rechargeable battery is in good shape. I just need to rig-up some way to keep the contacts in place.
Hmmmm...As I was thinking of getting a separate, universal cell phone battery wall charger as well, I may just get the charger now so I can use the adjustable contacts on the charges to run my tests....There, I have chatted myself into an additional $6 purchase..lol
I shall repost when I complete the tests.
Dean

Last edited:

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have it but don't use it . I think it's the same but I will try it now with wp8.1 to see if it's better

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

slivovica

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought this battery two months ago, and does not seem to me that would be better than the original battery. Definitely it not last more as compared with the original one. However, it's ok as backup battery.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
ezymunyj.png
ygahesuh.png

This is with full 5 hours screen on time with surfing the web , reading review from amazon , watching videos, playing a game for 20min ,downloading some updates and reading articles from wpcentral app . I thing its a little better than the stick one .

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a 920, I switched phones with my wife, the battery sucks on this thing. It kept dying on her. I just thought she never charged it, but it is horrible, not even a full day with moderate use. I think I may just by another 920 or 1020 instead of trying to upgrade the battery.

antonywan

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
well, should you try Mugen extended one for 820, it's 3600mah I am using the 920 battery case, it's awesome

<<link removed by moderator>>

Last edited by a moderator:

DNO36

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I was not able to order the battery from MPJ until May 6th.... I am still waiting for the battery to get here.....it says coming via Malaysian Post....??

DNO36

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
well, should you try Mugen extended one for 820, it's 3600mah I am using the 920 battery case, it's awesome

I know the phones are different size.....wouldn't that make it fail to try and use the 820 extended for an 810?? .....and at $90!! OMG!

XwpisONOMA

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
You wrote:

" ... Under these conditions my Mugen 1800mAh battery would last about four days, consistently. The MPJ one under the same conditions? A bit over five and a half. I couldn't believe it. ... "

Ι can't believe it either. The MPJ rated for 2500mAh is 40% larger and should have lasted for about 6.25 days but you only got 5.5 where is the missing 18 (extra) hours? Incidentally, the battery performance you're getting is phenomenal to start with, I am happy if I get through one full day with similar use like you. I have invested on wireless charging (base and cover, about $35 total) so when at home or at work I just place the phone on its charging cradle and keep it topped up.

Microsoft and Nokia better come up with a solution to this, it is unacceptable for a modern smart phone to not last one full work day, even with moderately heavy usage.

altsu

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I have used this MPJ 2500 mAh-battery now 3 weeks.
My earnest opinion is, that mentioned battery is very much hoax.

Nothing else.

And this experience touches Lumia 820-battery alone. I don't now anything about other batteries of that manufacturer. I'll still never buy anything from this company anymore.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
To all the people thinking that this battery is the solution, i have some bad news... is not 2500mAh as advertised, to have that capacity the battery needs to increase it's size that's because it takes more cells and room in order to provide more mAh, that's how it works. This MPJ battery holds the same size factor of the BP-5T (Original L820 battery), so that means it has the same mAh capacity of the BP-5T at best and also considering the price.

Mugen power have some special batteries for the L820, those are legit but pretty expensive vs the MPJ battery.

If you thinking about this MPJ battery using it as a backup unit then is fine, but don't expect to double the capacity of the L820 original battery.

altsu

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Dear "Pacus1x". Maybe you want to read my recent emails with MPJ-factory.

My message:

"Comment: Dear Sir.

I bought your 2500 mAh battery for Lumia 820 few weeks ago. I'll found that there's no difference between OEM 1650 mAh and MPJ 2500 mAh battery. Any other than colour of skin.

Can You tell me, if have I got failed battery? Failed in manufacturing process?

Best Regards
Mr xxx yyyy
Finland."
- - - - -
Their response:

"Re: Contact Form
chen icleaner

normal it will same or better than standard battery. if you have any question pls let me know.

Best regards
- - - - -
" normal it will same or better than standard battery " ?????????
Wasn't that little bit strange response?

" if you have any question pls let me know. "
Wasn't my message clear enough?

Do you have any good suggestion, how I'll continue from this point.

DNO36

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Well this purchase has turned out to be a "Dud"!
First they could not deliver a battery and I needed to file and get $$ returned.
Second when I finally was able to ask a question, they would not guarantee that their battery was any better than OEM, saying it is how I charge the battery that determines reserve power......Hah

1 plus 2 = no sale here.

Looks like a smoke and mirrors sales pitch.....Ill stay OEM for now.

I did pick up a 5200 mAh remote USB booster for $10, and it seems to work fine.

Side note - in getting a replacement battery for my girl's LG L9, I ordered a 'bulk' OEM new battery and got a dead battery for $7.....ugh.....they quickly refunded and apologized, keeping them on my fair sellers list.
Just for the heck of it I ordered a "goldie" off E-Bay to see how that one works.

Cheers
Dean

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria