2520 Keyboard and charging

JACK 1

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
There have been posts about the keyboard not charging fully. My experience is that it gets a full charge to 100% after the tablet is charged. There was one report that you can charge the keyboard using a usb connection. I am not seeing that. I did discover however that if my Lumia 920 indicatior is correct, it will charge off either the keyboard or the tablet using a usb connection. This is a real plus for backup charging of the phone. The tablet also immediately recognized my phone and pulled up a windows phone web page to allow files transfers to the tablet from the phone.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes indeed you are correct. The tablet charges first and then the keyboard. I think this what people were talking about.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
My keyboard seems to lose all charge even when just sitting there. Had 100% charge last night, browsed for maybe 5 minutes, and then let it sit till today. I opened it up and the keyboard is at 0% and the tablet is at 91%.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hhmm that's weird, I browed on mine for maybe 2 to 2.5hrs and the keyboard is at 49% and tablet at 98%. Something definitely not right with urs. Mine is set to sleep when Im not using it.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

JACK 1

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
battery use overnight may be due to seaking wifi our other signal repeatedly. I turn mine off at night, no battery drain what so ever.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My keyboard seems to lose all charge even when just sitting there. Had 100% charge last night, browsed for maybe 5 minutes, and then let it sit till today. I opened it up and the keyboard is at 0% and the tablet is at 91%.
Are you sure the keyboard was connected? I've had quite a few instances where I thought I had attached it correctly, but there must have been some misalignment at the bottom. I do wish the connection was a little more mistake free like the surface "click" but I am still overall satisfied with it.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have seen where it gets to 99% and seems to take for ever to finish charging to 100% and says not charging. I have also seen it say 100% and charging. I do wish we had different use profiles and charge profiles to pick from. I hope Nokia programmed the batteries to use a true SOC (State of Charge) range of 20-98% and just call it 0-100%. If more than this the keyboard battery is really getting hammered by the full cycles and the tablet is sitting at 100% SOC for extended periods of time. Both of which have been demonstrated to shorten battery life in multiple lithium battery variants.

As for battery drain, my keyboard battery was at 42% when I received the keyboard, IIRC. That is a good SOC value for lithium battery storage. I remember someone saying theirs came in at 100% SOC so I hope that mine didn't self discharge. It seems to work fine. I've been using my tablet for several hours today for reading and browsing the net after a full overnight charge and the keyboard battery is sitting at 25% with the tablet at 100%.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure the keyboard was connected? I've had quite a few instances where I thought I had attached it correctly, but there must have been some misalignment at the bottom. I do wish the connection was a little more mistake free like the surface "click" but I am still overall satisfied with it.

I've had this same issue too. Not sure if its due to the cable or the tablet not being pushed hard enough against the flex cable dock, but there have been times when it would say 0% for the keyboard when I knew both tablet and keyboard have been charged fully. I just end up removing the tablet and reconnecting, and it works again. With this in mind, I do wish it was more reliable.

captor8

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Same problem for me. It kept showing 99% and charging for quite some time yesterday. I disconnected with an intent to use for a 6 hour flight today and it shows 0% now. Not used after charging. Tablet shows 97%.

I've had this same issue too. Not sure if its due to the cable or the tablet not being pushed hard enough against the flex cable dock, but there have been times when it would say 0% for the keyboard when I knew both tablet and keyboard have been charged fully. I just end up removing the tablet and reconnecting, and it works again. With this in mind, I do wish it was more reliable.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me. It kept showing 99% and charging for quite some time yesterday. I disconnected with an intent to use for a 6 hour flight today and it shows 0% now. Not used after charging. Tablet shows 97%.

If you have the tablet on and attach it to the keyboard does it make a sound? A few times I've had to reinsert the tablet to get the keyboard to activate. FWIW, my Wife's Surface RT periodically has the same problem so some of it might be Windows RT.

On another note, I charged my tablet and keyboard from empty and had the following results (time in minutes):
Capture.PNG
Note that the battery never reached 100%. I have seen it at 100% if I charge it over night. Also, on this charge the tablet battery and the keyboard battery were "Plugged in, charging" at the end when I disconnected the charger. Normally the tablet batter is "Plugged in, not charging."

mb99

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem last night. 100% charged last night, then I unplugged it and put it in my travel bag. I opened it up this morning on the flight and the keyboard was at 55%. The 4G connection was turned off, only wifi was enabled. Whats up with that?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem last night. 100% charged last night, then I unplugged it and put it in my travel bag. I opened it up this morning on the flight and the keyboard was at 55%. The 4G connection was turned off, only wifi was enabled. Whats up with that?

Try charging to 100% and then disconnect the tablet from the keyboard and see if the keyboard battery still discharges. If it does you have a defective keyboard. Mine loses only a couple of percent over night even while connected to my tablet and I have WiFi and LTE on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte