5/15 Connection Setup update

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They didn't add a Straight Talk profile, and Consumer Cellular still doesn't get you IM services.

EDITED to reflect further testing....

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That is good news ,

a few people on this forum and howards have asked for a way to get the HTC phone working on Net10/ST SIM cards with the correct apn settings.

FB and WLM working?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
And What about your TellMe service and bing local scout maps working has well ?

I love my Flash, but, I am thinking of going Big Screen and well they do not get bigger than Titan Series..at least not yet..

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I take it all back...chat only looks to be signed on. Send a message and then it fails. So this update has accomplished nothing

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i hear that it doesn't work at all for Titan II. Some of the marketplace ratings comments seem to indicate this is an issue with the Titan II.

write them to complain at Welcome to HTCdev they don't seem to be responsive at all

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
i hear that it doesn't work at all for Titan II. Some of the marketplace ratings comments seem to indicate this is an issue with the Titan II.

write them to complain at Welcome to HTCdev they don't seem to be responsive at all

They aren't very responsive. Whenever I write to them, they just say that they are forwarding my request to the proper department so it may be done in a future update.

And I'm surprised that the Titan II has been out for a month and they still haven't fixed the Connection Setup app.

Situations like these make me hate HTC and wish that I could have gotten a Nokia.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i sent an email to my direct contact at HTC, who said this was gonna be fixed in this update, he said he is going to ask the dev team what's up. If you look at the app review comments every other one is saying add Straight Talk, so it has to be a priority for them.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
i sent an email to my direct contact at HTC, who said this was gonna be fixed in this update, he said he is going to ask the dev team what's up. If you look at the app review comments every other one is saying add Straight Talk, so it has to be a priority for them.

Cool thanks.

By the way, if you could maybe ask them to add Red Pocket too, that would be great. If I ever leave Straight Talk because of the daily limits, that is where I'd go.

Oh, and by the way, if you could find out when they will fix the app for the Titan II, I'd really appreciate it. I recently picked up my Titan II from the #smokedbywindowsphone challenge and it's my daily driver now.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
common sense would say they would look over the review comments and target the issues in there, but they take the dumb road and dictate all bug and change requests go through their dev website. With that said I expect the next update to solve both problems. Red Pocket though I dunno...the consumer Cellular settings may work for it. I'm guessing the Consumer Cellular proxy is what breaks IM services.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
common sense would say they would look over the review comments and target the issues in there, but they take the dumb road and dictate all bug and change requests go through their dev website. With that said I expect the next update to solve both problems. Red Pocket though I dunno...the consumer Cellular settings may work for it. I'm guessing the Consumer Cellular proxy is what breaks IM services.

Yeah, it seems like they don't bother reading the reviews.

I think the Consumer Cellular setting breaks anything Bing/Windows Live IIRC. Of course I can't check right now because the Connection Setup app doesn't work on my phone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yeah because in general Bing/Windows Live services don't work well through proxys. I had problems when I manually input the straight talk proxy.

Did you sell your Titan?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah because in general Bing/Windows Live services don't work well through proxys. I had problems when I manually input the straight talk proxy.

Did you sell your Titan?

Nope, I'm not quite so sure what to do with it at the moment.

Firstly, two of the antenna contacts on the top of the phone are broken. This is my fault, I read somewhere that the bad reception could be because the contacts weren't touching the outer case so you should try to bend the contacts outward. Of course, because I felt like I didn't have great reception, I tried it--and it came off lol. And I was gentle too. Last time I try a suggestion like that.

I'm not sure if those top contacts are just for Wi-Fi, or for cellular. Phone is still usable, I mean this happened during the first couple days I had the phone, and I've used the phone for 4-5 months without major problems.

I just don't know if I should sell it like it is, or try to get HTC to fix it, send it to them, then later have them tell me it's not covered due to abuse and ask for $125 to repair it or $30 if I want it returned unfixed, then proceed to hold my device hostage until I choose one of those paid options.

Secondly, the resale value for Titans have dropped significantly. They used to sell for $350-450. Now it's like $200-250 I think. It's due to that Windows Phone challenge. Lots of people opted for the Titan because it had the most resale value. As soon as they picked up their phone, it went straight to eBay or Craigslist. Of course, supply was greater than demand, so prices dropped. Because of this, I may just decide to keep it, try to get the antenna contacts fixed, and keep it as a backup phone or give it to a friend or family member.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
so the contacts are broke on the phone body or the cover? I got my Titan from a stupid person for $100 so I couldn't offer you a decent price on it.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
so the contacts are broke on the phone body or the cover? I got my Titan from a stupid person for $100 so I couldn't offer you a decent price on it.

On the body. If it was the cover I'd just pick up another one for like $25-30.

Pictures of the top where the two antenna contacts should be:

wp000004o.jpg

One of the contacts that came off:

wp000005o.jpg

Pictures of course taken by my Titan II.

Haha, where'd you get it from? Craigslist? I guess that's the advantage of buying a not very popular phone. Low demand = low prices, and sometimes they have no idea what it's worth.

Anyway, I guess I'll contact HTC first and see what they say.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa