620 freezes.

DinoME

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Using the Nokia 620 for about some time now, apart from the usual niggles my phone is really starting to bother me. The latest issue is that it crashes and freezes randomly. I have reset it once back to the factory settings, still the problem is not going away. The last time it freezed I opened its battery and switched it on, once it turned back on could not make any calls still the network bar was full, played music from the nokia mix radio app it was showing that it was playing, though the minutes wasn't rolling and there was no sound emanating. Also during this time opening the settings menu redirects me to the home page. Im in India, so the last update i have is Lumia Black. Looking forward to your suggestions, really dont want to switch away from Nokia. Thanks :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would see if soft resets are at least a temporary solution to those issues, but since you've already done a hard reset I fear it signifies a larger hardware problem underneath. If a factory/hard reset didn't solve your problems, it may be time to take it in for service.

DinoME

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Whatever they do in service can i do the same at home myself?? I dont have another phone with myself to use. And is there anyway to verify what they would do in the name of "servicing"..??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Whatever they do in service can i do the same at home myself?? I dont have another phone with myself to use. And is there anyway to verify what they would do in the name of "servicing"..??

Service can vary widely depending on whats wrong. Of course, it can always be a DIY job.
It's really based upon cost, personal experience, bravery and know-how, complexity...

It can be something simple from swapping out the entire unit or something more delicate and involved such as replacing individual parts inside.

You will need special tools. (Nothing overly crazy, just more specialized tools that most people probably won't have in their toolbox normally, unless they do tech repairs. Ex. Torx screwdriver)
You will have to be comfortable to a degree with performing surgery on your device, voiding your warranty (i would see what nokia care has to say first), and risking breaking your phone.

We do not know what is wrong with the device exactly, so we cannot really plan a precise course-of-action. But if the hardware has gone south somewhere, you will need replacement parts. Those may or may not be easy to find, and getting OEM (Original, genuine) parts will be a risk too. Although at this point in time, looking to have the professionals do it (they have more resources at their disposal and is the best way to go if still under warranty) or replacing the device might be the best.

mindo

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Turn off all background uploads in Settings (OneDrive backups, Wi-Fi networks info etc).
Block all unnecessary applications running in the background. I've had the problem with Application Highlights. This application used to freeze my phone.

DinoME

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I just uninstalled App social, somehow i feel that Nokia Mix Radio might be responsible for this. The phone behaves normally after i open the battery and turn it on, calls can be made, the screen is responsive, but the moment i play songs via the app it freezes after playing the song for 3 seconds, the phone is unresponsive but today a new thing happened, i could swipe the screen from left to right, but the lock/unlock and the three (touch..!!?) buttons were not working. Even while you press the volume keys you can change the ring mode to vibrate and vice versa that couldn't be changed, there the screen had no sensitivity at all, i had to make it 0 to turn the silent mode on. However playing songs via the music+videos app isnt doing anything to the phone. Ill use this app for the time being and revert back with the findings, Thanks again guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans