8.1 Developer Preview Everything Music Thread

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Another annoyance in the XBM app is opening an album from the album list.

The clickable area is now only the text, while it used to be a rectangle right of the album cover. Did anyone notice this? I've added it to the uservoice, maybe anyone has noticed this as well and is annoyed by it. It annoys me deeply! Maybe someone wants to vote for my suggestion:
https://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/for...ge-the-clickable-area-when-selecting-an-album

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of music right, I have one minor annoyance with WP8.1. The Xbox Music app is okay, I do not have much complaints with it. However, I feel annoyed is that when we plug in our phones into the computer to transfer music into it, WP8.1 automatically puts the Albums folder as a Hidden File. This makes it difficult for me to find it, and especially with Apps like Onemusic where they will just scan your Music folder, I end up to only having 49 songs from my original 100+. I don't know why Microsoft decided to put the Album folder as a Hidden file, which just makes everything much more confusing

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of music right, I have one minor annoyance with WP8.1. The Xbox Music app is okay, I do not have much complaints with it. However, I feel annoyed is that when we plug in our phones into the computer to transfer music into it, WP8.1 automatically puts the Albums folder as a Hidden File. This makes it difficult for me to find it, and especially with Apps like Onemusic where they will just scan your Music folder, I end up to only having 49 songs from my original 100+. I don't know why Microsoft decided to put the Album folder as a Hidden file, which just makes everything much more confusing

Its not hidden. Just in Music/Xbox Music/Subscriptions

arona

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I could play a little with the Lumia 930 (available here in Switzerland), and was shocked with the lauch speed of the Music app. Be patient boys ;)

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not pleased with the app overall, but the latest update was a major improvement.

The app is usable. No longer a total mess, but still not good.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
This app is getting better and better, but i hate the stutter when fast forwarding the song or a video. Also, some album art is still missing, while it appears on other music apps from windows marketplace.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Regardless of how good the app is in the end, it never should have been this bad to begin with. Microsoft is just embarrassing themselves. You can't sell products knowing they are this bad.

shahin sateei

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

After updating to the latest update on my 1020, I bumped into some really weird problems, where FULL tracks and whole albums would be replaced entirely by 30 second previews - like the ones you can listen to before purchasing a track on x-box music market. It's really weird and really sucks since the music I bought from the market has been affected and not the ones I transfered from the PC. Anybody have a solution for this?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It means there's an issue with your Xbox account. Try removing it and adding the account info again. I had that happen to me before as well.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
How do I get artwork? With WP 8 I could just use MPAtool, now, even when I put the album artwork in the album folder, I just get gray boxes. :'(

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
didn't you read the release that MS has opened up the UI to 3rd party developers. That was as close to an admission that they can't fix it that we are ever gonna get. And no one even seems to care anymore with all the releases about some little OS update prior to the Cyan update that all these geese are all worked up about. How about FIX what we already have before you start sending out more broken stuff?????????????

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Ya,

If you have a ****ton of music on the phone, and you tap a letter to goto a song, it doesn't show the list instantaneously, if takes a good portion of a minute.

If it weren't for the features of the OS, I'm so close to reflashing the rom back to flash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria