8.1 Developer Preview Everything Music Thread

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Got latest Music update today 18/7/14. Still does not fix missing album art from properly tagged files so will stick with excellent Music Tile Hub app which works. No wonder MS just laid off 18,000 WP staff.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Still having the same old album art issues, but with an added bug.

Bring up the list of albums, select an album that is displaying the proper album art, view the song list, hit the back button to continue browsing albums, the album art is now blank.

I've done the reboots. I've removed my SD card, and let the XBM app re-index to the point of no music, put back in the SD card, let XBM app re-index again, to populate entire collection. Left XBM app running foreground, charged the phone over night (that is when it's supposed to do it's thing). Still crap.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The app is clearly a classical drunkard walking. 3 steps forwards 9999steps backwards. (okay I overexagerrated, but both of us are in the same boat).

Had to go back to wp8 to claim a warranty for fixing the volume rocker. For the love of everything holy and related to music, while our old app was lacking in features, it was a truckload better.

300 songs added over existing 2000? No problem brah, already indexed

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
OK. I?m gonna reply here to all the comments which say:

?It works fine on my XXX?

?Do a hard reset?

:Bonus points for anyone who even thinks the word Dev preview (shoot yourself. Please. Lumia Cyan has been released)

First. Lumia 625 running Lumia Cyan. UK based.

Second, If you say it runs fine on ypur phone I believe you must be mistaken or just have mobile Stockholm syndrome and excuse all shortcomings.

Read the Reddit WP subreddit. Someone literally just suggested turning it into an ?I hate Xbox Music? thread as a sarcastic reaction to all the I hate XBM threads running around.

Read WPcentral comments below the news of the Update, heck look at the app store rating. Its not because its awesome that it has 2 stars (5. stars too many).

Second, do a hard reset. First, I?ve done a hard reset. Didn?t help.

Second, all the other music apps on my phone, do their devs use a different SDK? Do they have two heads? Why of the literal 100+ apps on my phone is the XBM app one the only one to get a ?corrupted install?. Whose fault is that?

And Why SHOULD I HAVE TO RESET MY SMARTPHONES JUST TO DO THE BASIC FUNCTION OF PLAYING MUSIC? Why? Why? Why? Is the fact that this is even a suggestion not the hint of a problem in itself?

?Oh hard reset your phone. It?ll fix the camera. and the Dialler, and the phonebook? NO. Just no.

To conclude, this app is something that should never have been released. It is a year too early and should?ve been kept internal. It is generously speaking, an Alpha release and should NEVER have replaced the Music + Videos hub. If it was intended to push Xbox Music, guess what? The old Music hub did that as well and was what made me sign up to the service in the first place. Now I?m just gonna quit and see my options before resorting to torrenting. Its simply horrendous and the whole team should be ashamed of themselves. I hope they all get fired. All of them. This isn?t just failing at your job. This is failing so bad people are wishing you were NEVER hired. You can?t fail harder than that.

Thank you Xbox Music Team (If you ever read this). Thanks to you I never want to use Xbox Music ever again.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Point of Reference: XBOX Music is the app created by Microsoft and was a LARGE selling point with the introduction of WP8. It was also a way for them to sell subscriptions to said service and for us to purchase Cloud storage for our own music. There is no direct monetary incentive for MS to improve the service for the playing of our local music files, Not even in increased sales of the phone because they don't manufacture one..yet. With that being said maybe you all can start to understand why they are in no hurry to fix this crappy native music application. Ever since the release of the DP and their promise to send out bi weekly updates, they have pretty much been true to that. But, as a dev I know how easy it is to change VIRTUALLY NOTHING and still send out what is called an update. Let us see some real progress with aour requests. Allow MPATool for us to fix out own files how we want them and recreate the LIVE tile.I know the best minds in the software industry can do this if they are properly incentivized!!!!!

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Bring up the list of albums, select an album that is displaying the proper album art, view the song list, hit the back button to continue browsing albums, the album art is now blank.

Getting this on my 930; irritating.

How hard can it be to sort this app out? I just don't understand how MS are struggling so much to nail what should be an easy win.

Pradika

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I think xbox music is a fail, for us who live outside US and UK, because there is no xbox service, and the bad point for me is, no artist pic at background music and no live tile.

MixRadio is an alternative, but i prefer original player

Pradika

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Point of Reference: XBOX Music is the app created by Microsoft and was a LARGE selling point with the introduction of WP8. It was also a way for them to sell subscriptions to said service and for us to purchase Cloud storage for our own music. There is no direct monetary incentive for MS to improve the service for the playing of our local music files, Not even in increased sales of the phone because they don't manufacture one..yet. With that being said maybe you all can start to understand why they are in no hurry to fix this crappy native music application. Ever since the release of the DP and their promise to send out bi weekly updates, they have pretty much been true to that. But, as a dev I know how easy it is to change VIRTUALLY NOTHING and still send out what is called an update. Let us see some real progress with aour requests. Allow MPATool for us to fix out own files how we want them and recreate the LIVE tile.I know the best minds in the software industry can do this if they are properly incentivized!!!!!

I agree with it ^
Its so annoying to have blank background and album art

Gen Nap

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Man, this app is a total waste when it comes to album art. I tried replacing a song that doesn't display the album art and it still doesn't appear. Then, I tried replacing all the songs, hoping that the album art will show itself. Turns out that was a wrong move and now all my album art in every music in the app is totally gone. Total and utter sh** and kinda pissed off. What's worse is even if you replace the music, it still doesn't read the album art even though my PC shows the album art correctly.

Any alternative apps for this? I'm kinda irritated by how this app works now.

sanchit19jain

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I can't see the latest songs in my library someone please help me I would be glad if I got any reply with solution thankyou

Remove all the songs from your SD card/phone and when you do that the music app will still show your collection. You have to try a few different things like restarting, soft reset, running the phone without the SD card etc. When the app stops showing your collection just add back your songs and the app will work like it is supposed to.

shahin sateei

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
some questions guys!

Some weeks ago I started to get duplication of some of my tracks with 30 second samples and in some cases ENTIRE albums were replaced by the sample music. Now I've discovered after purchasing a track, that I can't find it in my collection. What's the solution? Seems like my Xbox-music account is bugging out on me...

Appreciate any sort of answer! I'm running 8.1 Developer Preview on 1020.

Kelvin Stone1

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
How to soft reset my nokia lumia 625 i would be thankful if someone help me out I'm Using Windows 8.1 Dev preview and my music still shows in library after removing SD card too what do i do now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital