820 MS Camera App photo size in KB only

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I used Proshot and in 16:9 aspect ratio it saves files in MB size. But whenever I use MS or Nokia Camera app, they only save in KB size, same 16:9 aspect ratio. Help! (I'm running 8.1 DP)

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Few thousand kb's?

Just joking. Maybe its something wrong with your phone, maybe yet going into photo settings and rest camera? And by "kb's", how much is it on average?

Btw, you keep mentioning 16:9 ratio, does the problem happen with 4:3?

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Happens in both but I usually use 16:9. File size only around 200 - 400 KB. I used to own a 720 and I remember all my photos were saved around 3-5 MB size and my One Drive almost became full. 😁

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Uhh..? 3-5 Mb, that's surprisingly huge..

On your Lumia 820, use Nokia camera to take a picture, then press picture info, and there will be a for size there, take an ss

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
After you take a picture, go into gallery, press reframe photo, then press the three dots on the bottom right and press picture info. Then take an ss

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
When I go to Gallery, I only have four options - share, edit, delete, favorite, When I press edit, it will ask me to choose a photo editing app, I choose the first one (OS native) -I choose crop, when I press the three buttons I only have done and aspect ratio. I am using WP 8.1, I can't see the option you are saying.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I see, got it! Size around 1-2 MB not bad. But when I press the share button and use Iutlook, size becomes 300+ KB only. Hmm

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I see, got it! Size around 1-2 MB not bad. But when I press the share button and use Iutlook, size becomes 300+ KB only. Hmm

WP compressed the pictures to save bandwidth, when sent through emails. This makes me frustrated too, there would be an option to toggle this. When on other phones or devices, WhatsApp and Facebook also compresses the pictures. You can try looking in your WhatsApp folder, from your computer.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
WP compressed the pictures to save bandwidth, when sent through emails. This makes me frustrated too, there would be an option to toggle this. When on other phones or devices, WhatsApp and Facebook also compresses the pictures. You can try looking in your WhatsApp folder, from your computer.

These should at least be a toggle for this or at least inform users that file has been compressed automstically! Never experienced this pre- 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire