8X's battery - user reports

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I got mine last week, and I'm not impressed with the battery life. The first day it lasted about 4-5 hours with lots of use and all default settings on. Then after I turned off all default settings, left battery saver on, deleted the HTC app, and drained/ recharged the battery for a long time, it lasted about 7-8 hours. But it still drains pretty quickly. It was at 100 percent, and 2 hours later with moderate use it was down to about 85. So, should I switch it out with another or keep waiting for it to get better? Does anyone with GOOD battery life have any simillar expiriences or advice on what I should do. I really want a phone with great battery life, and I've heard so many mixed reviews on this one..

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It was at 100 percent, and 2 hours later with moderate use it was down to about 85. So, should I switch it out with another or keep waiting for it to get better? Does anyone with GOOD battery life have any simillar expiriences or advice on what I should do. I really want a phone with great battery life, and I've heard so many mixed reviews on this one..
12 hours of moderate use is bad these days?

If you want a phone with great battery life, you should have gone with one with a noticeably large battery: RAZR MAXX, Note II, perhaps Lumia 720. The 8X is not built for that purpose and HTC's never been known for huge batteries. Don't turn off everything and make your phone into a dumbphone. Use it as you'd expect to use it, if the battery is going flat before you're home then buy a battery pack or a new phone.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is pretty bad. I use the phone a lot and I'm usually near a charged so I deal with it, but it would be nice if it was better.