920 is slowly dying on me

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago I started getting duplicate texts. Periodically it would also freeze on me forcing me to do soft boot. Called att and they told me to delete the threads that had duplicate messages and restart the phone. If it didn't work call them back. Well it didn't work and I was next told to change SIM card. That didn't work. Things I've noticed this past month:

Phone gets hot for no reason
Serious battery drain
LTE signal loss
Random reboots
Overall sluggish performance.

I was hoping this phone would last until the the win10 phones hit the market, but I don't think it will. Oh well, its been a good phone the last 2 1/2 years.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How about you try a hard reset? Clean junk out and start fresh, that might buy you some time.

But yea, maybe you also want to get something to tide you over in the meantime.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
How about you try a hard reset? Clean junk out and start fresh, that might buy you some time.

But yea, maybe you also want to get something to tide you over in the meantime.

Before buying a new phone, I also would do a hard reset. It will take you a little while to recover (probably 2-3 hours out of commission to load your settings and text messages), but I would also recommend getting the Developer's Preview. It'll give you some new abilities and settings. If you are unsure how to download DP, let me know and I'll be happy to give you step-by-step instructions.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
About a month ago I started getting duplicate texts. Periodically it would also freeze on me forcing me to do soft boot. Called att and they told me to delete the threads that had duplicate messages and restart the phone. If it didn't work call them back. Well it didn't work and I was next told to change SIM card. That didn't work. Things I've noticed this past month:

Phone gets hot for no reason
Serious battery drain
LTE signal loss
Random reboots
Overall sluggish performance.

I was hoping this phone would last until the the win10 phones hit the market, but I don't think it will. Oh well, its been a good phone the last 2 1/2 years.

What are you on? CYAN/DENIM?
I had issues with CYAN overheating and weak Wi-Fi.
Got DENIM on PDF and then the screen started flickering.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on OS version 8.10.12393.890 I haven't done anything update-wise, other than what AT&T pushes out. I thought about just doing a hard reset and I still might. I have an old galaxy S4 that I can pop my sim card into when this thing finally becomes so buggy/unreliable that I chuck it against the wall. On a serious note, this is the longest I've kept a phone and would've kept it longer if it still worked well. I seriously still get people going "Woah, what kind of phone is that?!"

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm on OS version 8.10.12393.890 I haven't done anything update-wise, other than what AT&T pushes out. I thought about just doing a hard reset and I still might. I have an old galaxy S4 that I can pop my sim card into when this thing finally becomes so buggy/unreliable that I chuck it against the wall. On a serious note, this is the longest I've kept a phone and would've kept it longer if it still worked well. I seriously still get people going "Woah, what kind of phone is that?!"

Youre not on the latest update. Download Preview for Developers, update your phone and see how that works.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I get it, you might be referring to the video by phone buff - destroying the 920 or something similar. Do try flashing with the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. Do note that it deletes all data and starts from scratch, perform a back up if needed.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine seems to be going that way as well.

Random lock ups.
My camera has started acting strange. Not showing anything in a well lit room, and move my hand close to it and it looks like night vision.
Just today my LED flash doesn't work.

On latest build. Soft reset. Hard reset. Still having the same issue.
Looked at phones and there is nothing out there I really want. Bummer.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems to be going that way as well.

Random lock ups.
My camera has started acting strange. Not showing anything in a well lit room, and move my hand close to it and it looks like night vision.
Just today my LED flash doesn't work.

On latest build. Soft reset. Hard reset. Still having the same issue.
Looked at phones and there is nothing out there I really want. Bummer.

I suppose you could snag a 920 for cheap or something lower end to just hold you over until something else piques your interest.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I suppose you could snag a 920 for cheap or something lower end to just hold you over until something else piques your interest.

I wish att would put out the 640xl. I could probably snag that off contract or next till something better drops. Really don't want to switch platforms again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss