930 CU insider build

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello as topic says i have registered for insider builds for my 930 to get CU update.

1) is the .251 the latest version?
2) store seems to be heavier. Taking more time to open/load
3) Camera seems to have a problem. When i start it comes on and for a second goes black and opens again (like it restarts itself) anyone else has this problem?
4) background apps in settings seems laggy

anyone else on 930 with CU and tell if has any problems or noticed something?

regards

Last edited:

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I thought might be good since everyone was complaining leaving 930 and 1520 out.its not so bad but the camera thing it's a bit annoying..its going to be pain in the asss to redo everything from the start and stay on AU...where are all those who were on insider builds from the start and have an unsupported device?

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have got two lumia 930s onto the Creators Update (version .251) via the Insider Programme, and they both seem to be working fine. A shutdown and restart seems to help most bugs I encounter.

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately my L930 is behaving much worse with RS2 than with RS1, even after upgrading it to the lastest firmware available in http://lumiafirmware.com/. I will enumerate what I remember:

1 - The double tap to wake most of the time works only after two attempts because in the first the screen just blinks.
2 - In Twitter, back to timeline after viewing a twitt takes several seconds and the scrolling of the screen is choppy, laggy, and sometimes does not work at all, making me having to wait several seconds to the timeline to became "browsable".
3 - Enable or disable a program from running in background takes from several seconds to several minutes each,and some of them, mainly from MS, can even hang the system, demanding me to force reset, and of course I have to re-do all the on/off settings again, taking care to no touch in such "bugged" programs before the others.
4 - Sometimes the webpages reloads randonly, even with no other program in the background.
5 - When the camera is opened the screen blinks before you can use the program, and:
5.1 - There is a lag when you press the button and the app taking the photo.
5.2 - There is a lag in photo-to-photo that prevents you from taken photos of non-statical things without getting a blurry photo.
5.3 - The focus is slow, what I think is the culprit of the two sittuations above.
5.4 - The itens 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 are the same that some users says that occurs in the Xiaomi Mi4 with W10.
6 - The alarm and the ring tone sometimes gets very distorted.
7 - Switching youtube to full screen or changing the orientation results in blank screen for a second or two.

I am really sad about that, because I bought a used L930 to replace my broken L635 and enjoy a upgrade that was being praised as the fastest W10 version until now.
If this situation does not change after the next Patch Tuesday (05/09), where the version 15063.296 (or later) can be released, I am going back to RS1, where the version 14393.1198 (or later) can be released.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
already tried shutdown/restart...nothing changed...some of the above ive encounter them....as 930 is not supported i dont know if any update will fix these problems if the supported devices dont have them

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
1 - The double tap to wake most of the time works only after two attempts because in the first the screen just blinks.
I have Lumia 640. After installing CU the screen of my phone ofter flickers when I press power button to activate the phone.

6 - The alarm and the ring tone sometimes gets very distorted.

I've always had this feature, with Windows Phone 8.1 as well.

Even started a thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...y-heavily-distorted-alarm-sound-ringtone.html

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed with wifi doesnt connect so easy on my home network im next to the router and doesnt connect. I had this problem also on AU but not so often. might be even everyday.

Also noticed when trying to answer a call i need to click twice to answer

If a do a hard reset/revert on original firmware will i loose all of my things? apps/games (saved points/profiles/levels) pictures etc?

Niel A

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I have my Lumia 930 on creators update. It is working fine. It is always best to do clean install then upgrade. Make sure you don't jump from one insider preview build to another. Just select FAST RING and update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria