950XL crashing during call with bluetooth enabled

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Again, please read the post right above yours! An OS update will not fix this, but the firmware update does.

I know it's gonna be firmware. It's just that I'm still waiting for the firmware and hoping that the new build will solve the issue. I'm not dumb. If you're 100% sure the firmware will fix it and you've got yours fixed from the firmware, congrats. But for us who are still waiting for the firmware, we're just testing to see if any new update helps.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Didn't want to say you were dumb or something, the post just looked like you didn't read above. But now that I recall your nick, I can see that you already knew it... ;)

The firmware did indeed fix the problems, never had any Bluetooth problems again since then. I don't know why such a critical update did not yet reach every device. But even the last production OS update did not reach everyone yet.

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I believe I have a very promising update for you.
I?ve pushed updated firmware 00038 into the phone few days ago (I was done waiting for Microsoft or my carrier to release it so I did it by downloading full ROM containing latest firmware 00038). Process including update of production OS build .29 to Insider build .107 took around one hour and went very smoothly.
Note: I didn?t restore my backup so I?ve started with fresh phone.
After few days of using I do not have any problem with BT HF devices like BT HF in my car, Jabra BT HF, Nokia BT HF etc...it seems that the latest firmware 00038 sort the BT issue out finally.
Very disappointing that it took Microsoft more then 3 months...

Instructions: DeBrand / ReInstall ROM to your Lumia 950/95… | Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL
Download list: [Lumia 550/950/XL] Generic EU FFU image flas… | Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL

Hope it helps to you as well.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by petrmahdalVery disappointing that it took Microsoft more then 3 months...

Indeed, and it brought a noticeable number of returns, I believe. At least one from my side just because of this, and I lost the DT-901 from the pre-order bundle for it.

However, nice to read that your problems are fixed too! The interesting part of the firmware version is 16025 btw. ;)

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Great to know that. However, I am still not getting the firmware in my country for my 950 XL DS. I am not sure if the delay is due to Microsoft, approving authorities, or carriers. I am checking for the update manually 2-3 times a day. Now that's paranoid :confused: